“Average food, average service”
Review of Tiamo Pizza

Tiamo Pizza
Ranked #122 of 467 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I got the impression that this restaurant was trying to emulate other high end Italian restaurants in Lincoln with a similar menu to what I've seen elsewhere. For me, it failed though unfortunately. The food was good but nothing spectacular and mine was served not overly hot. Although I didn't have pizza, others in my party did and they looked more like the kind of thing you would get from a takeaway pizza/kebab type place rather than an authentic Italian restaurant. All the desserts seem to be drizzled with cheap chocolate/strawberry sauce (the sort you would squirt over ice cream from the supermarket), rather than coulis or sauce made from proper chocolate. Probably won't visit again.

1  Thank NicR82
TiamoPizzaLincoln, Manager at Tiamo Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

It is unfortunate you took a dislike to our menu choices, and it is sad you presume us to have a facade of pretentiousness simply because of the selection of food we serve.
As such, it is nothing more than it states on the menu. Simple, traditional, Italian cuisine, much like you would find at other Italian restaurants, whether "high end" or independent.

However, on the fact that you did not enjoy your food as much as we would have liked, we ask if you where presented with the opportunity to inform a server as to whether the food was being enjoyed or not. Dealing with problems is a part of everyday for any business, as such we are experienced enough to offer many solutions to ensure you had a better time.

With regards to desserts, this is an area we have been working on, our sauces are of a lot better quality now, we garnish with exotic fruits and we have given staff further training on presentation of foods.

We thank you for your input and hope you are satisfied with our response. For further information do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had my wifes 60th birthday party there with 26 of us. They really looked after us and we had a great night. All the food came out at the same time and we all enjoyed it. This was the third time we had been the food and service has been excellent every time.

1  Thank gulvin
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I previously reviewed Tiamo to say that the food was excellent but the service needed some attention. We have since returned twice and things seem to have improved no end. I think this may become our regular and I am very happy they have been able to turn it around :) It is a lovely little find!

2  Thank Laura P
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We have eaten many times before and always enjoyed the excellent food here, sadly this week the service was not up to expectation. One waiter barking at the staff behind the counter. Serving our starter with the main. Did not make for a peaceful happy ambiance. I for the first time did not feel welcome...

2  Thank VivianC622
Reviewed May 18, 2013

what a little jewell or local people this tiny restaurant at the forum north hykeham sells gorgeous food and should be well known for the freidliness of the staff and owner,
there eveing meals are gorgeous and there english breakfast if your feeling lazy just go and enjoy one its not to be missed.

2  Thank daveriley