“Room for improvement..”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Lincs
“Room for improvement..”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

It came well recommended. I certainly like the fact that it is in an old city centre terraced house and is obviously family run. it is clean and comfortable and the staff are very attentive. It really makes a change from the other independent Italian restaurants in Lincoln.
The wine list has a very reasonable House Selection and service is prompt.
the food however had a few downsides. My mozzarella in carozza was square and looked like a mass produced fish cake! The sauce was a bit plain. It was almost as though it had been taken from the freezer..
My veal was great, one of my main reasons for visiting Italian restaurant. My partners' prawns were basic and not plentiful, although evidently freshly cooked. Their pollo was adequate but nothing to impress. Most disappointing was the fact that the menu stated that 'all of the above dishes come with a side salad and bowl of french fries'. The context had been stretched to the extent that that was all we got, one cereal bowl of fries and one cereal bowl of salad, which looked as though it had been pre arranged in quantity before service hours and then sent out with a slice of onion slice of tomato and a little drizzle of balsamic on top. I really would expect a double bowl serving of each side dish for two people and an Italian restaurant really should freshly dress the salad and toss it just before it is sent out.
Could do with candles.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Paul G

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Just like dining in Italy! One of Lincoln's hidden gems!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've never noticed this restaurant on West Parade before, so decided to try it after reading the many positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad we did.

We received a very warm welcome from the attentive staff and shown to a table in the front room of the restaurant. There seems to be more tables in the adjoining rooms and upstairs, so it is larger than it first appears. Despite it being a busy Saturday night, the service was friendly and quick and the food was absolutely amazing. It felt like we could have been back on holiday in Italy dining in a traditional Trattoria. All three courses we had were well cooked, well presented and great value for money.

As other reviews have said, the house wine is also very good and only £10.95.

If you like traditional Italian food served in a cosy, friendly, relaxed atmosphere, then I would highly recommend this family run restaurant. A breath of fresh air from the number of chain restaurants throughout Lincoln. We will definitely be back.

Lincoln
“Better and better everytime we eat there...”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Well, October is over and we have been at "Trattoria Vincenzo" three times!!! Once for Janet and Peter 20th wedding anniversary (They were with the gang of my first review and they decided to come back there) once with other friends Dave and Jo for an informal evening meal, Then Jo decided to book another time for David 70th birthday plus their guest... so two evenings for four and 1 evening for 8. And It was perfect every time! As we started to become familiar faces, we now know that the main waiter is called Michele and he gave us some valuable leaflets for the 2013 opera season in Verona, because we are all going to be there (Jo, David, Janet, Peter + satellites and dependencies) in September 2013! That was a planetary conjunction!
Kitchen and tables now: splendid all the way through. Whether it's Pizza, Mozarella in carroza, funghi, specials, whatever you pick from the card or the main board it was nice and well presented. I even re ordered some extra fries and that was complementary!!! The wine "Brindisi" was served by my request on arrival and all of the people tasting it said: "Ooooo, that's a nice one!"
This place is a reference: enough looking at all the other reviews. (well' there is always a weirdo in the middle but the world is made of that as well)
6 stars for us all!

• Visited October 2012
Lincoln
“Delicious, authentic Italian experience”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This restaurant is a gem. The welcome was warm, the atmosphere cosy and delightful. The food was delicious, beautifully cooked and presented. The service was excellent. I can't believe I haven't dined there before, but I will definitely be back!

• Visited November 2012
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“about the best in lincoln, if you like this kind of thing”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I dined as a party of five here, the food was excellent and the service, although slow at times, was great. We were given complimentary garlic pizza for the wait we had encountered, a nice way of resolving the situation. It was a fun night for us in this little restaurant,, to summarise, the food was great, the staff lovely and the setting simple but classic, just as a family run affair ought to be.

• Visited September 2012