“Perfect for a special occasion”
Review of Reform restaurant

Reform restaurant
Ranked #79 of 462 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Eight of us went to The Reform Restaurant to celebrate my 50th birthday. We all loved the food, the decor, the ambiance, the service. We appreciated the a la carte menu which had some unusual choices including peas and parmesan for starter, lamb, wild mushroom and tarragon Wellington for main and lemon curd and mascarpone creme brûlée for dessert. The staff were helpful and accommodating. The restaurant had even organised a couple of balloons for the table at my request when I made the booking. Nothing was too much trouble. We will definitely be going back as the food was outstanding and not over priced. We cannot recommend highly enough.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited Reform and really enjoyed ourselves. The venue is in one of the best area's of Lincoln and although the decor inside is nothing extravagant it does seem to suit the location. The meal itself was lovely, the portion sizes were what you would expect at a high quality eatery - not large but enough so that you didn't feel cheated. I chose duck with crisp bread for a starter, lamb Wellington (cooked to perfection) and then cheesecake with walnut ice cream and prunes for dessert and cannot express enough how much I enjoyed it. The only drawback, and I'm being really pedantic here, was that the main could have done with a second type of vegetable alongside the broccoli; perhaps that's just my own preference though. Thank you to the staff at reform.

1  Thank Davidlincs
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Well the Thai Style Fishcakes stood out as a starter for me, Have to say I wasn't disappoint, presentation was excellent, came out on a slate all in a row. The taste was out of this world, who would of thought putting Asian Slaw, Carrot & Ginger Puree, Peanuts & Coriander all together taste so good. Each bit complimented the other. Looking forward to the main now Pan-Fried Rib-Eye Steak. Again presentation was excellent, Steak was very tasty along with the Crisp Beef Cheek and again the Horseradish Creamed Leeks & Peas complimented the meal. The only thing what didnt exceed the starter and the main was the dessert, that was Whisky Cheesecake. Don't get me wrong it was nice but maybe a bit too nutty for me as it had Honey, Prune & Walnut Granola Ice Cream & Agen Prune Compote. Overall service was high class, from drinks before the meal, to pay the bill. Will visit again no doubt.

1  Thank MarkSMyers
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the country and I can honestly say the reform is a match to any of them !! I thought the staff the decor the quality of table linen glasses cutlery and obviously the food was just outstanding and all that at a very reasonable price ,thank you for a really great evening it's a must to try !! You really deserve success

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Cannot praise the meal enough, all the staff were very pleasant, well trained and knowledgeable. The meal was out of this world and we think very good value for money. The wine we chose (Shiraz) was very palatable, the waiter was very helpful and polite. Taking into account there was a party of 30 booked in half an hour before our booking our meal arrived promptly. We went for our 25th wedding anniversary and the meal made the evening, we will be talking about the meal for a long time to come and highly recommend it to friends and family. A big thank you