“not bad, not the best either.”

Burton Road Fish and Chip Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 455 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: WINNERS OF UK'S NO1 Fish and chip restaurant 2015,Holders of the National Federation of Fish Friers Quality Award with a food hygiene rating of 5. We serve only sustainably sourced fish and are MSC Certified for our haddock. Our potatoes are Lincolnshire grown and our chips are prepared fresh every day on the premises.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

had haddock chips and peas. peas were good, chips were ok, but both the fish AND chips seemed to taste the 'same' as each. this may sound bizzarre, but i believe it to be the oil / dripping - food was not over laden with it, but somehow, left a greasy after taste in my mouth of whatever it is they cook it all in. so, if it all tastes the same, whats the point. polite staff, smaller fish than expected, slightly dearer as well, no doubt as a result of popularity because of the 'award'. not the best, and and the worst, i wont rush back.

There are newer reviews for Burton Road Fish and Chip Restaurant

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had lunch here last Saturday. We were going to just going grab a take-away but the restaurant looked so inviting we decided to relax and sit down. The food was excellent and lives up to its award status.

2  Thank Sanfidele
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Worth the wait on Friday for our takeaway. Food was fab and the gentleman that served us was very friendly. Will be going back again soon.

2  Thank MissMcJean
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Burton road fish and chip restaurant well done again you never let us down The staff are 1st class as is the food The restaurant is always very clean Will go back very soon WELL DONE

3  Thank mick r
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Having just moved nearby and hearing about the award winning chippy. So I thought I would treat my hard working movers. I arrived and there was a que. Not suprising for 12.30 on a satutday - wasnt a huge que so I joined.
It took 30mins for me to leave with my order !!! I got back to our house thinking these better be blooming good. The chips were nice - very chunky, but of average taste and the fish was nice, but again I have had much better. So all in all I think its over rated and a tad over priced! We have found another chip shop just as near but better price and quality !!