“Best vintage food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crust

Crust
Ranked #72 of 448 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
“Best vintage food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I've ate in a lot of high end restaurants and for me this is by far the best value and taste around been hear many times and will do as long as it here. victor the owner is a true legend

• Visited May 2013

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Rude proprietor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We climbed the stairs to the room, I was impressed by the style of the place. I rang the bell as instructed by a small piece of paper; to be met by the rudest person who told me off for not realising they weren't open after lunchtime. I now realise that my school dinner ladies in primary school weren't quite so bad after all!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Roblie
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Good old fashioned food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked a large table and was asked to pre order food. They don't have a fax or email so the menu was sent by post with a hand written letter. I thought this was old fashioned but in keeping with what i'd heard from the reviews about this place...until I went to take the order in and was greeted with hostility by the owner, which I didn't expect. He said we were supposed to confirm as per the letter and he'd given someone the night off now as thought we weren't going. He didn't expect me to have the letter on me, and when I got it out to show him it didn't ask me to confirm but just to bring in the pre order, he shoo'd me away. when I asked if I could pay upfront his attitude soon changed, and our booking was still in the diary so don't think he thought we weren't coming at all. The whole first impression put my back up from the start. That said, the service we received on the night from the younger waiter was great, he couldn't have done more. And a nice touch at the end was that he'd worked out our drinks per person already so we didn't have to work out the bill. The starters were a good size and there was complimentary bread, olives and water on the table. We had gammon and steak for mains and although it was very tasty, it was traditional meat and two veg. I wouldn't rush back.

• Visited April 2013
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Nostalgic!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Visited on Saturday night hadn't booked but the very friendly waiter showed us to a table quickly. The menu is very extensive with lots of different set meals, a'la carte, bistro etc... The food was good, silver service by the waiter and chef. On presentation of the bill we were told my husbands choice was a magic combination! His starter and very good steak main course came to £7.95. We really enjoyed our evening in this restaurant that reminded me of somewhere our family went back in the early eighties!

Visited April 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“a step back to 1960”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Up the stairs on high street to a single room decorated with memorabilia going back eons. Go back in time and brouse the huge menu offerings. Choose the a la carte choices (yet more choices) and then view the wines. Where else can you get Black Tower, Chianti, Bordeaux, Liebrfraumilsch and a few other classic brands? Cut glass wine glasses, red hot plates and exquisite food came from the tiny kichen area after preparation by the owner/host, who happens to be Maltese but now long resident in Lincoln. The menu is unashamedly English with a touch of French preparation. The sweet board is purely and superbly English including "spotted dick". A memorable dining evening. Exquisite dining - NO, NO. NO, but an experience never to forget YES, YES, YES. Go back in time an enjoy a fabulous meal in the strangest surroundings with the best service possible. AND, excellent value for money too.

• Visited April 2013