1,040 results
All reviews two double beds car park brayford wharf executive room brayford pool per night marina view pedestrian area water front town centre excellent location steep hill bars and restaurants sat nav reception staff lovely view ample parking
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here on business, place nice and clean..staff lovely and friendly. The breakfast was a very good selection...yes i would definitely go back here..room service very good. Night staff nice and friendly and very helpful

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2019

stayed here during a work trip, 21 days in total, was quite happy when the boss told me this would be our hotel, was very quickly disappointed. The menu is very limited so unless you like fish or rice I suggest you try one of the many eateries around the wharf. Rooms are basic at best with very loud bathroom extractor fans, they are on continuously, nowhere to store clothing apart from the open hanging space, and if you want to watch tv I strongly suggest you don't bother, in the whole time I was there I never managed to see a whole programme from start to finish. The tv puts itself onto standby at regular intervals, and despite several complaints to reception the issue was never resolved, I just learned to put up with it.
Parking is another big issue, half the car park is fenced off with a big dig going on ( think they must be looking for another royal body, or maybe hidden treasure) and it doesnt help that people from neighbouring hotels use the car park as well, and I think at £5.00 per 24 hours they night give priority to their own guests instead of directing them to the nearest multi storey.
On a positive, most of the staff are really nice, helpful and polite so that's always a bonus.

Room tip: ask for a front facing room or you will be gazing into the deep excavations of the car park
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Tracey S,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for letting us be your home here in Lincoln, UK. We are grateful that you've chosen the Holiday Inn to host you.

We know that a clean room, friendly service, and perfectly working amenities are what makes a great stay but I'm sorry that this didn't turn out as smoothly as planned, Tracey S. I regard your thoughts that you wished there were more menu options and a dedicated closet. I also read your perception of the room, the problems with the television and the parking space. Though it made me smile that we've made you feel our warm hospitality, these lapses made your 3-week stay quite a bit of a hassle, Tracey S.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and be discussed amongst all concerned staff. We are always on the lookout for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 29, 2019

Stayed here over a weekend break, and was very happy to have chosen the Holiday Inn. We had a wonderful welcome from the member of staff on duty - a great start to our visit. The bed was HUGE and very comfortable, and in general the room was nice. Good to have a decent sized kettle for making tea, and sufficient teabags (something other hotels I have stayed in recently have been a little stingy on).
The room we had was very quiet, with no noise either from the street or adjoining rooms.
As mentioned on the website, there is currently limited parking due to roman excavations in the car park. There is parking nearby, costing £8.50 a night (not the £5 advertised on the website) but even this was getting full - we got in to get a space OK, but literally buy the time we had walked down there were no more spaces and a queue to get in.
In terms of location, it's a heck of a steep walk up to the cathedral and castle areas, but to be honest we could do with the exercise :-).
Be warned that the cost of drinks in the adjoining "sports" bar are extortionate.
Only slight comment on the room is that the bathroom cieling paint was peeling and looked a bit grotty - but other than that everything was fine.

Room tip: Top floor was lovely and quiet
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

Nice staff, room was a bit grubby, a hair on toilet and in bath. Some lamps didn't work, and TV menu system very slow and lack of channels. The bed was very firm, and the office chair had lumps very uncomfortable. There was a Roman dig on the go in the car park which isn't there fault just a tad tight for parking. Breakfast was average, no info out on display re gluten free allergens etc hash browns and sausages had wheat flour, no cereals for anyone with colieac disease, but was lots of other bits like yogurt fruit croissants etc. Wouldnt stay again sorry. Oh and after breakfast I got locked out of the room card didn't work so had to return to reception to sort.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Hi Peachmelba1972,

Thank you for staying and sharing your candid comments with us. Our goal is to provide you with a great experience at our location and I appreciate your kind words about our staff service. I'm very concerned to see that you had some challenges with the TV reception, the office chair, and breakfast service. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

I can assure you that your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence you place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Best,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 25, 2019

nice hotel with the usual Holiday Inn amenities. rooms were clean, corridors nice and quiet in evenings. Bar was expensive, but you expect that to a degree. Breakfast was nice and fresh with lots of choice.

Date of stay: May 2018