1,032 results
All reviews two double beds car park brayford wharf executive room brayford pool per night marina view pedestrian area water front town centre excellent location steep hill bars and restaurants sat nav reception staff ample parking short break
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2019 via mobile

Just stayed here for 3 days and what a lovely stay . Room was lovely and the staff outstanding . Special mention must go to the Little Ray of sunshine who served us breakfast and made us feel both welcome and special . Thank you for a lovely stay !

Date of stay: March 2019
HILincolnHP, Sales Office Coordinator at Holiday Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Lincoln.
I will pass on your kind comments to the team

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

1 night stay as family of 4. On arrival found that half of the car park has been dug up - no prior notification of this. Had to leave car on pedestrian area quickly drop bags in room then move car to nearby multi storey which on a Saturday afternoon at 4pm was heaving. Not sure where else we would have parked if full. Went out for evening returned at 2230 to same car park to be scared witless by at least 10 boy racers racing around the car park at speed - daughter petrified. Anyone elderly wouldn't have been able to get out of the way fast enough. Not hotels fault but I would not recommend this car park at all. Also don't pay on app for overnight stay in car park as it will overcharge you.
Hotel room is ok. Could do with bit of a revamp. No wardrobe and ikea set of drawers are chipped. For the price not sure I would stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank fender380
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2019

Hi fender380,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review. I was quite concerned to read your comments about parking and with our rooms during your family stay. I know it was disappointing for you and I am sorry. This is not the joy of travel that we're known for and I will make sure to let out team know about your comments for improvements on our end.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Mike F.

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

Hotel is in great location but so difficult to find and directions on booking form were inadequate. Reception area is very small and uninviting and the only staff member we dealt with was indifferent to say the least. Room had no heat in bathroom so could not dry towels and the room had no drawer space at all so all our small clothing items spent the week in a shopping bag! Wouldn't want to stay again.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

Hi Sally L,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is good to know that you appreciated our location.

I am concerned to read that some of our facilities and services didn't match your expectations. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I am sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. I'd be happy to share your comments with the management team for improvements needed.

We appreciate you as our guest and hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Christian C.

Reviewed March 7, 2019

In January I booked to stay three nights at the Holiday Inn Lincoln to celebrate my wife’s birthday with our adult daughter. I reserved and paid for a room with two double beds at the stated price of £469 to include breakfast. When I received my credit card statement in February I found that an amount of £559 had been charged to my account and I had to contact the hotel and request a refund of £90 which I had been overcharged. This promptly arrived back in my credit card account. We arrived at the Holiday Inn during the afternoon of Friday 1 March and checked in. When we arrived in our room we all noticed that in the wardrobe there were ring hangers for eight detachable clothes hangers, of which three hangers were missing. We therefore had a measly five clothes hangers for three adults for three nights. I also noticed that there was a large crack in the basin in the sink stretching from the plughole to the top of the sink. In addition, when the tap was turned on water leaked all down the pillar of the tap. We went out, explored Lincoln and returned in the evening when my wife pointed out that the air extractor in the bathroom was not working. I also noticed that the rubber stop at the end of the doorstop in the bathroom was missing and that the toilet seat was loose. We all went to bed but at 2:30 a.m. in the morning were all awoken by someone knocking on the door of our room which continued repeatedly until I got out of bed and asked why someone was constantly knocking on our bedroom door. A woman’s voice said she was sorry; she went away and we tried to go back to sleep. However, at 4:30 a.m. were awoken again by a loud male voice coming from outside our room to the right saying “Thank You for Coming” and a door being slammed shut. None of us slept well that night needless to say. On the Saturday I explored the corridor to our right and saw that one of the rooms was marked “Private”. I concluded that all the noise had been coming from that room which I suspect was used by hotel management or staff. No doubt the mysterious woman knocking on our door at 2:30 a.m. had wanted that room and not ours. When we arrived back to the hotel on Saturday evening I spoke to two of the hotel team about the goings on of the previous night and received a verbal apology. We returned to our room and unfortunately when I switched on the small light beside my bed the bulb blew. I unscrewed the bulb on the Sunday morning and left a note with it asking for a replacement bulb to be provided. I also became aware on the Sunday morning, when having a wet shave, that the plug in the sink would not drop into the plughole as it was permanently jammed. When we returned to the hotel on Sunday evening, the spent bulb had been taken away and a note left beneath mine which read “have notified maintenance team” but no new bulb had been provided. Being Sunday evening we ordered food via Room Service. It was brought up to us by what appeared to be a very efficient young man. I showed him the two notes about the bulb, to which he said something like “this is awful. Leave it with me. I will be back within 10-15 minutes with a bulb”. Needless to say in the subsequent 17 hours remaining in the hotel we never saw him again and certainly never had the missing bulb replaced. On a positive note the restaurant staff where we had breakfast were all friendly and courteous especially Christian who I feel is a credit to the hotel with his friendly, cheerful and communicative manner. We also have no complaints about the quality of food either at breakfast or that ordered via room service which was of a high standard. However, to have had a bedroom with so many defects demonstrates to me not so much that there are problems with the room but that there is a major problem with the hotel management. When we checked out at Monday lunchtime we dealt with a friendly and efficient young lady. I again told her about the problem of having been woken at 2:30 a.m. on our first night and she made a small deduction from our room service charge. I did not tell her about all the other issues which are set out above. I have learnt one lesson from our stay at Holiday Inn Lincoln which is that neither I, my wife nor our daughter will ever again stay at a Holiday Inn hotel. There is clearly something fundamentally wrong with the ethos of this substandard hotel chain.

Room tip: Refuse Room 221 if offered
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank OakwoodEN2
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Hi OakwoodEN2,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn to celebrate a special occasion in your family! We aim for the joy of travel here and I'm sorry issues with the room amenities, the noise disturbances experienced, and initial problems with your room bill left a sour note. I've shared your review with management and I trust a fix will be in place to correct these shortcomings to serve our guests better.

On a lighter note, I'm happy breakfast perked up your day well!

We hope you give IHG another try as we're eager to make that next stay more remarkable.

Best,

Pam G

Reviewed March 6, 2019

We visit Lincoln to visit family and usually stay at this great hotel. It’s location is just right for walking around the city centre and a stroll up Steep Hill to the Cathedral and Castle. This isn’t our first visit and it won’t be our last.

Room tip: Either views of Cathedral or river.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HILincolnHP, Sales Office Coordinator at Holiday Inn Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2019

Dear Guest

Thank you show much for your lovely feedback regarding our hotel. I so pleased to here that you visit us regularly here at Holiday Inn Lincoln.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon