2,241 results
All reviews green room cathedral view room travelzoo deal steep hill car park small balcony wedding party cathedral bells beautiful cathedral excellent location lovely view buffet breakfast self service wedding reception walk in shower afternoon tea one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2019

Garden room was in a lovely location. However the water was boiling hot, you couldn’t have a shower, the toilet water was also the same temperature. We had to traipse upstairs to another room to get showered and washed. Did not think this was acceptable. On check out I was informed that we were really lucky that they were able to give us another room to shower, as they were full with a wedding, I really didn’t feel that lucky! Also the bedroom had not been hoovers and the bathroom floor not been cleaned. Must say the meal we had in the green room was excellent one of the best I have ever had!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Lincoln_Hotel01, General Manager at The Lincoln Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

Dear Sightseer58287,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences of the hotel, please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you experienced with the water system.

This seems like an isolated incident, but we will be exploring this issue further with the onsite maintenance team and a local contractor.

I know none of our team would wish to offend you and believe the 'really lucky' comment was misplaced and certainly not malicious.

I thank you for commenting positively on the Green Room Restaurant.

Once again with apologies

Reviewed May 18, 2019

Stayed at this hotel many times over many years and witnessed it in various guises regretfully this visit saw it at its worst. Letdown in many areas with beds seemingly not been "made up" properly for some time - mattress topper and protectors on one bed were halfway on the floor.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Judeward,

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry you had an issue with the mattress toppers on the bed, I have been unable to identify which room you stayed in from your username so it's difficult to check back who serviced the room and then who checked it. The Head Housekeeper will be speaking with the team as a whole to ensure this does not happen. We have invested allot in recent years on the sleep quality in our rooms and it is disappointing to learn that your bed was not presented as it should be.

With apologies

Reviewed May 18, 2019

The Lincoln Hotel from the outside is a shockingly bad 60s/70s concrete block, however it has the greatest location right next to Lincoln Cathedral, and the Green Room restaurant has several tables with views overlooking the Cathedral.
Unlike the outside, the interior of the whole hotel is warm and welcoming, and the Green Room itself is cosily tucked away on one side of the ground floor.
The service we received from Gemma and May was pleasant and efficient, and we were made to feel very comfortable and at home.
The food was superb throughout (we had 4 courses!) and the wine was very nice, both red and white.
Try the apetisers of black pudding balls....delicious.
There was plenty of food, so 3 courses would have been plenty, but hey, it was a special night.
All in all, a really nice relaxed place for a very high standard meal.

Room tip: Get a room facing the cathedral at the front of the hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Martin D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay, I'm thrilled you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I appreciate your comments regarding the exterior of the building, but as I'm sure you can now appreciate the views from the inside or magnificent.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Regards

Reviewed May 18, 2019 via mobile

We’ve known and visited this hotel many times in the
past, it is such a shame but it’s clear for all to see.
The hotel is dirty , bedroom is a death trap loose carpet
like walking in a newly ploughed field, shower tray stained dirty, water would overflow onto the bathroom floor, didn’t drain away through shower drain, basin around the plug hole stained and dirty. Room decor old and very tired
Public areas carpets stained / dirty .
Breakfast , table cloths most were looking as they had
been used, saw one member of staff just relaid the table
with even replacing, or at least turning table cloth over .
Standard we felt was pretty poor ,coupled with a lack
of organisation.
On checking on , we did raise the situation again, informed the receptionist that we had same conversation
last night and was told they’re fully aware of the situation and had recently received complaints regarding lack of
drainage, but still booked us into a substandard room.
She asked if we wanted to see the manager , our reply was “ considering the situation we thought manager
would already be aware and have full knowledge !
In the end we just paid and left as our complaint was
not taken seriously!
This hotel is dying from lack of investment, not just in the
fabric of the building, but also in the staff who exhibited
a complete lack of empathy.
There plenty of other places to stay, considering it’s
location this place should be booming .
Please take advice stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank samelainer

Dear smaelainer,

Thank you for your review and for the direct correspondence we have had so far.

As I mentioned we have been invested over the past years in the bedroom product and I hope you agree that the future plans I mentioned will all add to the overall experience of our guests, which is our No.1 priority.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 16, 2019

Nobody took my complaint seriously on the night - demonstrated by the Duty Manager not bothering to even look at the room, yet alone call me as I had requested or come and check on me when I returned.
Supposedly being upgraded - to another room that was cramped, old and tired and I had to move my own bags and control this myself. Also why does an upgrade put something right? Surely it is showing your customers you take their issues seriously that is what would break down the bad feeling.
My disappointment then led me to skip breakfast because all I wanted to do was to get out of the hotel to put the experience behind me. I drove and had breakfast down the road in a nice, clean, friendly cafe.
Checking out - staff too busy to attend to customers, this shows the value we add to your Hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Culture696759,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us and sending in further details during your communication with the Rooms Division Manager Nicola.

In addition to Nicola assurances I would also like to offer you my sincere apologies for the issues during your stay, it certainly isn't our usual level of care and we are doing all we can to rectify this matter for you.

Once again with apologies