“food in disguise”

Yo Yo in Beijing
Ranked #324 of 447 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Barton-upon-Humber, United Kingdom
“food in disguise”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I visited with friends earlier last month. I had high hopes as reviews seemed very good. I have an allergy to chicken so avoid it...but love duck. I had crispy duck with pancakes to start .....it had a strange texture nothing like duck i had eaten before. I left it after a few mouthfulls. Before long i felt really ill and had to leave. I spent the night with my head down a toilet.THe duck had to be chicken...theres no other explanation. They appear to be cutting corners by dressing up food to appear as something else. Chickens half the price duck!!.......You might be able to fool students.
I ordered a drink along with my friends that still had not come despite frequent requests from us all. 45 mins for a drink not to arrive is shocking.
Table cleaning was very slow as was the replenishing of the empty food trays at the self service section. My friends who left shortly after me refused to pay most of our bill......... we had been charged for drinks that never arrived and the quality of food on offer was shocking....tinned veg..cheap meat beaten to within an inch of its life to try and make it tender in very heavily garlic infused sauces to hide the poor taste...
We are being taken for mugs.....its just cheap..cheap ingredients ....not a proper chinese.
I will stick to the Phoenix or the Ocean for quality Chinese dining............

1 Thank Gary M

• Polish first
“Birthday meal ? Only if you take four paying guests!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

got a table straight away. Explained it was my birthday but apparently you need four guests to qualify even with your ID? Poor. Still the food was lovely but not much choice compared to other establishments. May dine here again in future.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than The Laughing Buddha!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Never been a massive fan of chinese food but with all you can eat places, picking and choosing what you want on your plate means I don't mind. Went here first round about March time. Horrible experience. We had no welcome, the staff were ignorant and the food was awful. I'm quite a fiend at all you can eat places and so usually I go for seconds, sometimes thirds and I didn't even finish the first. It was obvious the food on the buffet were leftovers from the previous evening (as it was lunchtime we ate) Chewy fatty meat in everything, hard cold chips, scraggles left of all the other veg based food. I think I only ate egg fried rice. HOWEVER, few months later my boyfriend suggested we ate there as he'd never been before and naturally I was like Hmm no. He was determined and so in we went, much to my reluctance. I have never changed my mind about something that much! Fresh, lovely food, a massive range (even for those who don't each much asian cuisine), lovely selection of puddings, lovely service - the gentleman who seated us even pulled out my chair for me. Cheap during the day which is good (stuff yourself so you dont need dinner) and I've heard late at night they start selling cheap lunchboxes of the leftovers (favourite with the students over the road, late night library study accompanied with cheap chinese grub! can't go wrong!) Since weve returned twice and come out full, satisfied and happy with everything. Also, since trying the laughing buddha - NO comparison. If you're torn, choose Yo Yo's!

lincs
“Not a good experience....”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went to yo yo noodles in Lincoln city centre...there is no toilet facilities and I had a young child with me...we had to walk to the Slug and Lettuce...the food was mediocre and the staff despite a young child sat on my knee would not bring the food over despite not being busy...avoid at all costs.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Something for everyone”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great variety as always. If you can't find what you like, you won't find it anywhere else. There is fish, mussels, chicken in every style, pork in every style, potato in every style and everything else, with crispy duck and pancakes. The salads are quite impressive too. The sweets could be better, but the ice cream makes up for it.
Sadly the day went, there was a table causing a fuss, and refusing to pay, so there was a disturbance. But, we still enjoyed the food, with a little added drama.

The staff were great and smiley, and the lady on the till could not apologise enough for the disturbance.