“Secomnd chance”

Ranked #169 of 457 Restaurants in Lincoln
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013

After a bad experience we had a few words with the company they understood of point of view and sebnt us a free meal for all six of us and that was a nice surprise as we didnt ask for anything.
the Pub has had a new look after a well earned refit all looking a lot better and fresh we told the waitress we had a voucher for a free meal and was happy to take our order im thinking she was in a bit of a faf the order in the end we got what we wanted there was five of us after all she was very plesent and a happy nature about her.
the food came quick and hot enough all the family were very happy with our food four of my family had a sweet all full and satisfied, as we went to pay for the rest of the meal the manager looked at the voucher and said all the meal was free including the sweets and drinks a very kind bounus for me and my family, as i am a person how doesnt hold a grudge and always give a second chance i told the manager he welcomed us back to the slug & lettuice we shook hands and said we would be back.
of course there is alway room for improvment in any place we go but plaese give a place a second chance if you have a bad experience tell them why and what they need to do to get you back I did and we got a free meal for 6.
so yes i would say it back to normal for the Slug well done
but they still wont have children in after 6 pm :(

There are newer reviews for Slug & Lettuce

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We visited 2 months ago. The place was very busy and we struggled to get a seat. Eventually we found one and service was very good but when the food arrived we sent it back because it was cold. This is the second time in three occasions that we have sent our food back at this establishment. Change the chef !

Reviewed May 6, 2013

walked in, seemed okay. ordered chicken Caesar salad. received warm and wilted lettuce, dry chicken, a vinaigrette that was assumedly meant to replace the traditional creamy light flavorsome salad dressing, three tiny croutons and cheddar cheese... the menu states parmigiana.

I was extremely displeased, the waitress came over and asked if i wanted anything else and i took the offer for another free drink. being an opportunist myself of course i took up the offer, but i am fed up of restaurants assuming a free drink makes it all better. I was hungry not thirsty. not visiting again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visited this pub while passing on a Monday and seeing the sign outside saying 50% of food bill on a Monday only, the pub was packed but a table soon became available, I had chicken breast in a burger bun with salad, and chips, husband had Scampi, Chips and Peas and the Son had Cottage Pie, Peas and Gravy we also had Coke and a Glass of Wine total was 16.60 for everything, the food was very tasty and a good sized portion, would highly recommend a visit if your on a budget, also even though the pub was packed with dinners the food came out very quickly.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I popped here for the first time during a city break, it was a Monday and spotted the 50% off promotion.
The menu was much varied to other pub restaurants I've experienced as was the quality.
It was one of the best meals I've had in that type of establishment and the deal made it a real bargain.
The sharing platters are a real bargain with the discount, you get more than your fair share.
It encouraged me to visit other branches since and I continue to be impressed by them.