“The perfect poached egg!”

Carholme Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Carholme Guest House
Ranked #40 of 51 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This has to be one of the best breakfasts in Lincolnshire, a truly perfectly poached egg with crisp bacon, lots of coffee and toast. Lynne was so friendly and made me really welcome on what will be the first of many visits. Comfortable room, beautifully clean with nice sheets and fluffy towels. Carholme will be hard to beat, thank you for a good stay.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Agalady

Reviewed April 29, 2013

It was the first time we visited Lincoln and we did so for a wedding locally. We couldn't have picked a more perfect place to stay. We knew we didn't want a soul-less chain hotel but we couldn't have picked better. Paula was flexible around our timings for the wedding and her plans (for her birthday) to let us check in and the small touches when we came home didn't go unnoticed. From chocolates and water (ideal if you need a bit of rehydration) to a spotless room with incredibly fresh bedding, the type of things you notice because they're worth noticing. Paula must work incredibly hard to maintain the high standards of Carholme because the reviews seem consistent, well deserved. And the breakfast, we couldn't have asked for anything more. She had everything and offered more, including lovely conversation both with her and Steve and good city recommendations. Would love to visit Lincoln again and without a doubt would only stay here. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have just spent a great weekend in Lincoln staying at the Carholme Guest House. This is a lovely, family-run B & B. My room was very comfortable and, though I had only booked a single room, Paula had thoughtfully "promoted" me to a double with ensuite because she's had a cancellation. There's a great deal of choice on offer at breakfast and both of mine were delicious. I'd recommend the Carholme to anyone looking for good-value, welcoming accommodation in Lincoln.

Catherine from Edinburgh

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catherine V
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have been working in Lincoln for the last month,and have stayed at the Carholme for the past 3 weeks.Paula and john and wonderful hosts and the place is spotless,nicely decorated and unlike other houses everything in the rooms work i.e remote control for tv.
For as long as I am working in Lincoln I will definitely only be staying at the Carholme guesthouse.
So if your ever in Lincoln either on business or pleasure do yourself a favour
Dont even bother looking anywhere else cause the Carholme will be hard to beat

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Clint2610
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Paula and Steve thoroughly deserve all the excellent reviews they receive for their hard work at Carholme. We had a fantastic stay and couldn't have been made to feel more welcome. We couldn't fault anything. The room was lovely, breakfast amazing, and Carholme is in an ideal location with easy access by foot into Lincoln. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea S
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Although in Lincoln for business, our stay at Carholme transformed it into a holiday experience. Paula and Steve are wonderful hosts, rooms were very clean and nicely decorated, and I think I gained 5 kilos due solely to the outstanding breakfasts. I know I will stay at Carholme the next time I am in Lincoln.

Thank you for a wonderful experience!
Jeff Tomberlin

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff T
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was in Lincoln for three days and loved staying at the Carholme Guest House. Paula was delightful, my room was extremely comfortable and clean and breakfast was delicious. It was the perfect base for a trip to such a marvellous cathedral city!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo