“A home from home”

Carholme Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
Carholme Guest House
Ranked #39 of 48 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“A home from home”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

A warm friendly welcome, felt very at home. Nice clean rooms and a great night sleep and excellent facilities. Lovely to wake up to a home cooked breakfast, felt very comfortable and the hosts recommended good places to eat but equally gave you your own privacy to enjoy your stay. Defiantly would stay there again when in Lincoln.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed there for one night to enrol for my uni. Upon arrival, Paula told me that she has upgraded me to a double room. The room was clean, cozy, comfortable and nicely decorated. Paula and her husband went out of their way to help me out, as I forgot some important documents and they have printed them out for me. My hosts were happy to prepare me a vegetarian breakfast and order a taxi for the morning, couldn't ask for more, it was great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Five of us needed three rooms for two nights to attend a graduation ceremony. First impressions were good. Paula greeted us with a nice friendly welcome and showed us to our rooms. We had a good look around each. Everywhere was absolutely spot less. All rooms were very clean and in very good decorative order. The beds were nice and comfy so we all got a good nights sleep. Breakfasts were really nice with a good choice and plenty of tea and coffee.

The guest house is located on a busy road about 10 to 20 mins walk into the City, depending on how fit you are. There are plenty of things to see and do in and around Lincoln.

The Battle of Britain memorial flight is located just up the road at RAF Conningsby. Make sure the Lancaster is there before you go.I wouldn't bother with the guided tour unless you are really into different types of aircraft mounted machine gun/cannon or are particularly interested in the 21 different marks of Spitfire.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the property are quieter. Two of our party had both front rooms which, althoug...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I couldn't fault a single thing with my stay, the welcome upon arrival was very friendly, great facilities, great breakfast, lovely room! very accommodating in general! i needed my shirt ironing for a wedding and the hostess not only got the iron board out for me, she even offered to iron my shirt! The hotel is in a lovely location also, not only ten minutes walk away form the city centre but with a golf corse literally across the road! fab stay!! home from home!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Lovely home, about 10 min walk from city centre.very welcoming with friendly host. Really nice breakfast with many items on menu, would have been happy to help myself to cereals to save on hosts time .

• Stayed August 2012
Wellington, Somerset
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights at this guest house. Clean room, comfortable bed. Usual tea etc makings. A lounge was available for use if needed. Fine breakfast. Paula was a welcoming and helpful host, with time to have a chat. An old building, well-maintained, that has a cosy feel about it. Walking into Lincoln? Not a big hardship if the weather is acceptable, you are reasonably fit, and you enjoy walking, but be advised - it is half a mile to the Brayford Pool marina/restaurants from the guest house, plus nearly as far again, (and a very steep climb), to the Cathedral/Castle. (A cheap minibus ride from opposite the railway station will take the strain for you!) That said, once in amongst the old, narrow city streets, lined with fascinating old buildings etc, you will find that you do not feel inclined to rush anywhere. This is a lovely old city. Would we stay there again? Yes, without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My three friends and I recently stayed at Carholme Guesthouse when we were attending a wedding in a nearby village. Before we even arrived, Paula, the owner was absolutely brilliant - supplying me with trusted taxi numbers, answering any questions, recommending restaurants (Pomodoro e Basilico is well worth the recommendation too!).

The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The breakfasts were brilliant.

I'd definitely come back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends