“its great, just go with it.”
Review of The Old Rectory

The Old Rectory
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lincoln
The Old Rectory
Ranked #45 of 51 Lincoln B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2010

well after reading some of the reviews on here i was nervous to say the least, we booked the old rectory to leave for on the morning of my wedding, we arrived friday and stayed until sunday and we couldnt find a fault with it. it was clean, the staff let you get on with it. ok they dont stay there at night but so what...we had a brilliant time, the breakfast according to the members of my party who had it said it was nice (i just dont do english breakfasts) we found it to be perfect location for sightseeing friday and the perfect backdrop to my wedding photo's as i was leaving for lincoln registry office, i loved the place and we have already said we will return. its nicer than a faceless travelodge and the old world charm adds to its character.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 4, 2010

This is cosy, fairly clean and quiet hotel and staff are really friendly. Its very close to amenities and local attractions. My only problem was that there is no communal room/bar area so that friends could sit together in the evening and have a drink.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2009

We didn't pay much to stay at this b&b. The single room rate for our son was very reasonable and the location is great. Agree its not all that but at least you are not charged a huge amount. We stayed in a b&b of a similar standard this year and paid £85 per night we considered ourselves truly ripped off, especially as they must have written their own reviews on trip advisor. For what we paid it was fine.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2009

The only gripe I have about the Old Rectory was that there was nobody in to let me in when I arrived at 4pm, which did put me behind with my time quite a bit, and I did have somewhere to be by 7pm that night.
But the room was wam and cosy - an essential for December - and there was lots of space.The staff were pleasant enough, at least what I saw of them!.
The shower was a bit awkward to operate but I managed fine in the end.
I can't comment on the quality of the full breakfasat as I only have cereal and toast.

I would go again, but would like to know I could get in my room when I arrived next time..

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2009

Awful B&B, Avoid if at all possible, location is good but in all other respects shabby and disappointing. Breakfast was ok. Staff did their best, but this place needs a long soak in a bucket of soapy water.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Elmore001
Reviewed November 8, 2009

My Dad booked this B&B for me last minute, as I had travelled from Australia to Lincoln to surprise my Mum for her 60th birthday! I know Lincoln rather well but have no idea to the standard of the accommodation...

This B&B is in an amazing location. Easily accessible from the by-pass and from the city centre with a large car park around the base of the B&B. The heart of Lincoln, the Norman Castle and Cathedral are a 5/10 minute walk away, as are the historical pubs, boutique shops, cafes and restaurants.

The B&B itself needs a total renovation... The room was perfectly comfortable and clean, but there were a lot of flowers & frills, bed knobs and a bit of peeling wallpaper. Our room was a large bright, airy, en-suite twin. It had two large sash windows, a high ceiling, two armchairs and a 1960's stand alone TV!

The breakfast, served in the ground floor dining room was lovely - proper Lincolnshire pork sausages! There is self-serve juice and cereals and the staff arrange the tea/coffee, toast and cooked breakfast to order. Plenty of food to set you up for exploration until afternoon tea in the Bail! The staff were really friendly and even stopped hoovering to have a chat with us.

The Old Rectory only accepts cash or cheque for payment, we didn't know this but the staff had no worries letting us go to get more cash! Also I'm pretty sure on arrival you are supposed to ring the doorbell to the right of the front door - I missed this in my hurry to get in, and ended up wandering around for a couple of minutes wondering where to check in!

This place is dated, of which there is no question, I laughed out loud when I unlocked the room door for the first time! If you want a modern room with new technologies etc you will need to stay in the White Hart Hotel down the road for quite a few more pennies. We only paid 50 pounds, so compared with other B&B's in the local area, it's pretty good value.

Having a cheap B&B within a stones throw of all the good stuff in Lincoln makes this B&B an excellent choice - you just have to keep an open mind!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mlinaqetu
Reviewed October 1, 2009

We booked this hotel because of the location and a couple of days before we were due to go I read Trip Adviser and was horrified to read the comments left by previous guests. I have to admit I was not looking forward to staying there.
I have now learned to ignore other peoples comments. I stayed for one evening. Some other members of my family stayed for two. I found the rooms to be clean, very roomy, comfortable but very old fashioned.
The breakfast we had was excellent and I found the two staff to be very friendly. By today`s standards I guess this hotel is most probably more like Faulty Towers without John Cleese, But this is what makes this hotel more interesting. If you want a room like you would find at a Travel Lodge then I would suggest you book into a Travel Lodge.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple