Holiday Inn Express Lincoln City Centre
$106
$115
$108
  • Breakfast included
Bail House & Mews(Lincoln)(Great Value!)
$111
$83
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsretail parkcar parkbusy roundaboutfree breakfastbeansthe sofa bedminute walkper nightmodern hotelself serviceroom ratewould stay againshort stayyogurthigh streetlincoln city centrereception staff
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Greeted by very freindlly staff at reception and booked in with out fuss.Our first impressions from the reception/bar and dining area were very well kept which carried on through out the hotel and room. The room is for any one with children a little small but no diffrent (and better than some) to the other major chain hotels in the budget category. Tv with plenty of channels worked well and there was a broadband connection for a laptop if needed .Shower only in our room which was a bit slow running but plenty of hot water an soap dispenser. Bed was comfy with a selection of soft or firm pillows. As already mentioned the air con/heater could be a little noisy but turning it off is easy enough . Breakfast is included in the room rate and was very nice. We had a lovelly stay and will be looking at there hotels again for future trips .

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my 2 daughters whilst collecting my son from University. The rooms were clean, comfy and reasonably spacious. The air conditioning unit was a bit noisy, but we turned this off at night which solved the problem. The breakfast was great, had all we needed, croissants, muffins, orange juice, cereal, fresh fruit and coffee. There was also hot food available. It is situated very close to the university, and a short walk to the main city centre. Although right next to a main road, we weren't bothered by the noise. The walls between the rooms are a bit thin, so we heard the room next door arrive back after midnight. Only one lift was working so it might have been a problem for some, but as I hate lifts we walked up and down the 4 floors! But all in all a good convenient place to stay for visiting/collecting children from university.

Room Tip: When only one lift is working it gets very busy, so if you don't like walking up stairs, ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Holiday Inn Express Brayford Enterprise Park Ruston Way Lincoln , LN6 7DB England

We had to go to see our son off at Lincoln and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express near the centre of Lincoln.
We have not stayed at one of these before but were pleasantly surprised by the warmth of the welcome and the standard of accommodation.
The rooms were quite large and although we were on the top floor the lifts were excellent and although this hotel is on the main road there was very little noise.
The room had a large bed which was very comfortable the bath room was very clean and tidy with a good size shower.
We stayed for two nights with breakfast, if anything lets this Hotel down it was the lack of variety in the food.
The hotel is easy to get to and there is excellent parking which is free if you stay at the hotel.
Over all we were very happy with the hotel which was clean well laid out and its staff who very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Check before travelling a very busy Hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner was looking to stay in lincoln close to the center for my birthday weekend. We had a lovely stay and prices were good too!

Positives:
- a very clean modern room.
- friendly staff.
- amazing shower! (Always a plus!)
- handy convenient bar that served us coffee at 12pm :) - the man from behind the bar even offered to bring it to our rooms instead of waiting around for our lattes (nice touch even though we declined)
- very good selection at breakfast.
- cheap accommodation within the city center. Only a ten minute walk into town for shops and bars.
- little selection of toiletries to buy in reception if you forget anything!
- a guy at reception ordered a taxi for us as we did not know any numbers. The driver came promptly and even have us a small discount (I think holiday inn uses them often an this is why)
- secured car park (yes it may cost £5 a day but I would rather pay that then park it on some street in the center)
- two types of pillows provided of soft and firm which again was a nice touch.
- no road noise although its next to a main road.

Neutral:
- handy to have tea and coffee in the rooms but more tea bags and tea was needed. Although we went to reception and they happily gave us some more.
- more hot foods at the breakfast maybe just adding bacon and mushrooms or something to add variety.
- broken hair dryer (luckily I brought my own with me)
- mirror on the desk (I suffer with severe fetige from another under lying condition so I cannot stand for long periods of time to do my hair etc - took me twice as long as kept having to sit down) I could get the chair to be in front of the long mirror either.
- noisy nabors, I under stand this is not holiday inns fault and it was for only the first night.

Negatives:
- mattress had a large dint in the middle, took a while to get comfy when going to sleep! I can't remember what room I stayed in I think 315? But the mattress 100% needs replacing.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and would difinately stay again next time I'm in lincoln.

Thank you very much to all the holiday inn express staff! From Olletta S and Chris!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Just spent a night at this hotel to do a bit of Christmas shopping and do some sightseeing. The hotel is well situated for the shops, sights and restaurants.
The hotel is clean, the rooms comfortable and the staff are friendly and efficient.
Set off back home having had a good hearty breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple