“Tower Hotel Lincoln”

The Tower Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at the Tower Hotel and were very disappointed
We had a standard double which was quite small and overlooked the garden/bar area
Very noisy at night.
The room was tired and becoming shabby as was the bathroom
For the money paid - we stayed 2 nights unfortunately certainly wasn't worth it and we would not stay there again

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank slt504221
There are newer reviews for The Tower Hotel

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My daughter surprised us with an early mothers day treat, afternoon tea. The tables were layed out really nicely in a light and pleasant dining room, the girl who served us was really good and gave us a choice of there extensive speacialist teas.
There was a selection of sandwiches and cakes, my daughter had told them her dad was veggie so he had his separate selection. If I went again I would pre order a more simple selection (not their fault) but I am not a salmon and goats cheese or pickle fan.
The scones were delicious amongst the best I've had with jam and cream.
I would reccommend the tower for afternoon tea.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ladybirdholly
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is our second visit to steak night (Wednesday)at the tower hotel restaurant. the only word is perfection, from the service to the food and the incredibly tender steak!.
Highly recommended. The restaurant is very clean, comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gavin W
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I wanted somewhere special to celebrate my Mother's 70th Birthday. She enjoys Afternoon Teas and we normally travel all the way to London to enjoy this experience. I was told that The Tower Hotel did Afternoon Tea in the same style but half the price. It may be half the price but the standard is not half the price. I booked several weeks in advance and stated it was for my Mother's 70th Birthday, on the morning of our booking I received a telephone call, to ask if we would like the tale decorated with star confetti as they had some spare. I said yes please. When we arrived they made us feel so welcome and they were busy in the main bar area, but nothing was too much trouble. We were shown to a beautiful set table in the dining area. The sandwiches and cakes were all very tasty and fresh. We were offered more tea on a couple of occasions. There was a 70 candle lit for her Birthday, attention to detail and those little extra's made you feel so welcome. The atmosphere, food and how welcome we were made to feel truly made my Mother's Birthday, we all had a wonderful afternoon at The Tower and have booked to go back for Mother's Day

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Joanne L
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I can't argue with the price of £70 B&B for a clean, tidy comfortable room. The hotel is a very short walk from the city centre.

Breakfast was fine (especiallly the fresh filter coffee) although the single kipper for breakfast was a rather small portion and served rather plainly with only onse slice of toast. The full English enjoyed by other punters was rather more generous! More toast arrived on request.

The bed was pleasingly comfortable (not two singles pushed together unlike in some chains). The bathroom was clean. One point - the rather old wicker armchair was rather tired, awkward to sit in and needs replacing.

Friendly staff, all locals so they can provide directions etc.

Public car park over the road but you can use the street on a Sat night and on Sundays.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank bobd606
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed two nights in The Tower Hotel and I couldn't fault our experience.
When we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and a busy bar with brilliant atmosphere. Our room definitely had that individual boutique bedroom feel, with feature wallpaper and quirky furniture, with a lovely view of Lincoln Castle.
Our breakfast was lovely with a wide variety of choice. After a busy day exploring Lincoln, we decided to try their A la Carte Restaurant and I'm glad we did! The food was incredible, with homemade bread and flavoured butter. This was followed by a complimentary starter which was a lovely surprise. The whole meal was fantastic and the service was really good too, the staff were very friendly and were a fountain of knowledge about the food and the area!
All in all a perfect weekend away, we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Amelia116
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My other half booked a night away at the last minute and chose the Tower Hotel due to its location and very reasonable price. We were not expecting too much for the price however, were very much surprised. The room was very clean and tidy as was the bathroom. The furniture was a little old fashioned but was in keeping with the character and area. The staff were friendly and polite.

We booked into the restaurant on the Saturday night. Can only describe the food as fantastic!! Warm bread (the beetroot bread is delicious) was brought to our table followed by an 'amuse-bouche'. We both had duck to start and it was gorgeous. We were then served a sorbet before our main courses. The mains were again fantastic. The service was really good.

There is no hotel parking. However, there is a public car park right outside the hotel and upon leaving, the staff told us to bring our tickets in when we had finished for the day and they would reimburse us.

Overall a fantastic stay and will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple