The Tower Hotel
$81
$115
$108
  • Breakfast included
Bail House & Mews(Lincoln)(Great Value!)
$111
$83
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewslively barafternoon teaa popular placepay and display car parkbar menulovely hotelsuperior roomsorbetcastle wallssky tvparking permitsteep hillsunday lunchsmall hotelsconescathedral quartertwo courses
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've stayed twice at the Tower Hotel in the lovely Cathedral Quarter of Lincoln. The hotel is ideally situated for not just the cathedral itself, but the restaurants, cafes, bars and more that fill the cobbled streets around and about.
If you are arriving in Lincoln on public transport, be warned that it is an arduous ascent up to the hotel, Steep Hill is a very aptly named street! It's worth it though to get to the Tower Hotel.
My room was at the back of the hotel, Number 10, overlooking quiet rooftops and leafy gardens. There are both a busy restaurant and bar downstairs but I've not been troubled with noise at all during my stays. The only quibble with my room this time around was that my single bed was very narrow, it felt a bit like a hospital bed. I was almost expecting nurse to come round with my medication when I woke up the next morning. However I did get a large double to myself on my previous visit.
The staff are smiling and efficient, but very reserved. The room was very clean and everything worked well in the bathroom.
The highlight of my stay was the Struggler's Inn, a real ale pub with friendly staff and regulars about one minute's staggering distance of the hotel.
A clean, well-run hotel in a lovely part of the city of Lincoln.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and i stayed for one night on Saturday night on a short visit to Lincoln. We received a warm welcome. The room was beautifully done and very tastefully decorated. It was also nice that they had the heating on, not too high, so the room was nice and warm when we went in, as it was freezing cold outside. The bed was soooo comfortable, enjoyed a good night sleep after a really long day.
Breakfast was good, served again by pleasant staff. (and thanks for the nice table).
We will most certainly return and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We wanted a hotel that was near the castle , cathedral & all those lovely little shops that make shopping special. We weren't disappointed! The hotel location was 100%. The staff were not only friendly, but couldn't do enough for you. The rooms were classy & comfortable. We decided to eat in the hotel in the evening & the a la carte menu was the NICEST FOOD we have tasted. The chef, Darren Rogan, presented us with food like we have never tasted before, despite being in many 4 star hotels. Our waiter was friendly & couldn't have been more informative.Whilst shopping we told all the locals how beautiful the hotel & restaurant was as there are so many places to eat, but you can eat in the restaurant even if you are not staying at the hotel.We will definitely be going to the Tower hotel again. A perfect weekend.

Room Tip: We were shown 2 rooms which were available, both were lovely, we chose room 14 which was perfect. No noise & a lovely fireplace.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were treated well from the moment we walked in the door. The rooms were clean, tidy and well appointed. The staff in every part of the hotel were warm and friendly ... nothing was too much trouble ... the food was great too! I have no hesitation in recommending The Tower Hotel to anyone interested in a break in Lincoln. Plus it's perfectly located near a reasonably priced car park and only minutes away from the cathedral, etc.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Booked 2 nights at quite short notice. The staff were all very friendly. A lovely bar and seating area outside both were very nice. The room was very clean and comfortable, al in all a very pleasant break.

• Stayed: June 2012