“Superb.”

The Tower Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 518 Restaurants in Lincoln
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Here at the Tower Restaurant our menus are written according to the season. We feel this captures the very best produce available at the time and ensure quality and freshness of the dishes we can offer to you.Head chef Darren Rogan and his team are constantly striving to achieve perfection in his eclectic menu. He relishes being creative and pushing the boundaries of gastronomy with different flavour combinations and ever evolving cooking techniques. We believe that dining out should be a hassle-free experience for all, and therefore we have Vegan, Coeliac and lactose intolerant menus at the ready. Should you have any other dietary requirements please do not hesitate to contact us.Booking is strongly advised to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We booked this in advance of our trip having found it on trip advisor. Our hosts at the B&B almost put us off but we are glad we stuck with our choice.
We visited the restaurant the day before to check it out and staff were very helpful. We were able to choose our own table which we had all night.
We did not feel rushed through out our visit.
This was for a birthday and it was the perfect way to celebrate. The choices were varied and staff very helpful and knowledgeable. We were offered home made bread that had a pleasant twist. Extremely tasty. As well as choosing your starter and main they provided you with a taster starter which was spot on. It would have been brilliant as a starter if full size. The wine was a good choice and not too expensive.
the pace of the meal was ideal and allowed you to enjoy both the food and the company. It was busy without being crowded. Only 2 of us managed a dessert (both of the ladies) but they admitted they could have left it as they were full. However as the rest was so good they could not resist.
This was value for money and highly recommended.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Being regular visitors to Lincoln, we usually eat lunch at the White Hart or the cathedral refectory and have never been disappointed. The Tower Restaurant was on the Telegraph Subscriber list so we thought we’d have a change. The reviews were good so we looked forward to the lunch. Alas, the manageress decided that they weren’t honouring the discount but, as that was merely a bonus, we decided on having lunch anyway. My wife quite enjoyed her meat whilst I had steak which, despite asking for medium to well-done, was very bloody in the middle. The vegetables were just OK but we didn’t feel that the restaurant lived up to our expectations on that occasion. We will return, however, as we were obviously in the minority but we hope we’ll enjoy it more next time.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was unsure about this restaurant at first given that its a hotel restaurant but both myself and my girlfriend were very pleasantly surprised. One of the reasons I chose it was because of the veggi options and the pricing which is about right for the local area quality restaurants. The restaurant itself has a nice ambiance, is nicely decorated and well furnished; the dining area is small enough to feel cosy but big enough to feel comfortable. We were made to feel welcome by all the staff from the very start and both of us were very impressed by the high level of customer service given. The food was absolutely brilliant, I had duck with pickled orange and horseradish mayonnaise to start with, the duck was perfectly cooked and I even enjoyed the mayonnaise (I don't normally like horseradish). My girlfriend had the salmon and was equally impressed. The food was cooked superbly, full of taste and well presented. In total we were there for maybe an hour and 45 mins for 3 courses and lots of time choosing what to have! It was the best dining experience I've had in a long while and would happily return and recommend it to others. Being a stones throw from the Cathedral and at the top of Steep Hill makes it a very good location for either a short post-dinner walk or for post-dinner drinks.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The heading says it all really. A really well presented, tasty, relaxing Sunday lunch, thoroughly enjoyed by my wife and myself. The smoked salmon and beetroot orzo starter was delicious and original. Melt in the mouth roast beef with perfectly cooked accompaniments. Delicious desserts, a decent bottle of Pinot Grigio and good service all round. All in all an excellent lunch. One minor point, the spoon that accompanied my wife's dessert was too large to fit into the pot of Chantilly cream, so she was left drooling for a few minutes until a smaller spoon was supplied!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Had a fantastic meal there on Sat 23/11/13. Some of the best food I've ever had. Will definitely be returning!

Thank you Tower Hotel.