“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Pyewipe

The Pyewipe
Ranked #82 of 447 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Pyewipe Inn, Saxilby is a jewel in Lincolnshire’s crown. The idyllic setting is but a 30 minute walk from Lincoln’s picturesque Cathedral City Centre and historic quarter. An easy leisurely leg stretching stroll along Britain’s oldest man made waterway, the Roman built Fossdyke Canal, prepares your appetite for the tantalising treats that await you from our bar or restaurant menu Popular as a ramblers favourite watering hole, narrowboat mooring point or restaurant for the discerning diner; this fabulous Inn is all things to all folk. The addition of the Lodge in 2001 makes us the perfect location for weddings, corporate events, conferences or perhaps merely a restaurant with rooms or place for romantics to propose. Please feel free to peruse our website, however only a visit can truly bring our legendary location, cuisine and hospitality to life.
Liskeard, United Kingdom
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Have eaten here several times now - lunch and evening. Good selection of food to cater for all tastes. Whenever we have visited the food has been very good, although some dishes I feel are a little expensive. Staff are very friendly. Interior decor needs an uplift. Good pub grub and I am sure you won't be disappointed with the food. The place does lack something which I can't put my finger on it, it's just not special. We shall return but not in a hurry.

Blyth, United Kingdom
“Very nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Walking through the door, I could tell this was going to be very nice. Because we were welcomed by the barman with a very nice smile. I wasn't wrong. We ordered our drinks then went to sit at a table looking over the river. We chose our food of the board, I had the gammon which melted in my mouth. My husband had home made fish gougons which were very nice. We didn't need a sweet has we were so full, but we saw some delivered to a table next to us and they looked delicious. I would defiantly recommend this place.

Hereford, United Kingdom
“better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We had our doubts about eating here as the place has had mixed reviews, to say the least. However, our meal was fine.

The menu is pretty limited (ONE beef meal, ONE pork meal, ONE chicken dish, etc - you get the picture - and no pasta or rice dishes at all), but our choice of steak medium/well done was cooked perfectly, while the gammon was large and crispy at the edges.

The desserts were disappointing. We selected Eton Mess, which was the strangest I've ever had - served on a plate and mostly pineapple. While the sticky toffee pudding wasn't - it was dry.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Attentive staff, friendly host, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely family meal here and the menu is certainly not a run of the mill chain offering to be bunged in a microwave. Piping hot fish dish, steak pie to die for and a great children's offering too. Beers and wines aplenty and delicious as well as one of the best chocolate puddings I have enjoyed.

The staff were great, bringing smaller cutlery for our grandson and checking up that all was well just often enough.

A place to return to in Summer as the riverside location is to die for.

Visited April 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Stunning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stopped off for a meal on Easter Monday and both dishes were fantastic. Faultless. We had the steak and mushroom pie - loads of tender beef in a wonderfully tasty sauce, and a trio of fish on a potato rosti which was equally tasty. Even the veg was great - not droopy and watery like some places. I had Eton Mess for dessert and it was amazing. Yes it's a little above budget price (the aforementioned meal with one starter and two pints was about £45) but I feel we got what we paid for.

Given that some reviews seem to be the polar opposite of this I can only assume that they maybe have different chefs on different days. I hope this isn't the case as there's nothing worse than recommending somewhere where the consistency is, well, inconsistent!