“Horrendous quality of food. Terrible customer service.”
Review of The Pyewipe

The Pyewipe
Ranked #85 of 447 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Pyewipe Inn, Saxilby is a jewel in Lincolnshire’s crown. The idyllic setting is but a 30 minute walk from Lincoln’s picturesque Cathedral City Centre and historic quarter. An easy leisurely leg stretching stroll along Britain’s oldest man made waterway, the Roman built Fossdyke Canal, prepares your appetite for the tantalising treats that await you from our bar or restaurant menu Popular as a ramblers favourite watering hole, narrowboat mooring point or restaurant for the discerning diner; this fabulous Inn is all things to all folk. The addition of the Lodge in 2001 makes us the perfect location for weddings, corporate events, conferences or perhaps merely a restaurant with rooms or place for romantics to propose. Please feel free to peruse our website, however only a visit can truly bring our legendary location, cuisine and hospitality to life.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Horrendous quality of food. Terrible customer service.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Me and a few friends went down a few weeks ago. Two of us ordered chicken which in both cases came out clearly under-cooked. After asking for it to be recooked the waiter came out with what was clearly the same meal that they had not even been reheated, not even microwaved. When I asked to see the manager I was told he was not in despite seeing him walk in only moments later. He was incredibly rude to me when I tried to explain my situation he told me it was none of his business and to ask somebody to help "who cared". Will never return.

• Visited March 2013

Lincolnshire
“Lovely meal, friendly service”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch Easter Monday. Friendly welcome and excellent service by the bar and waiting staff. Had the beef and mushroom pie with ale gravy, beef was beautiful and melt in the mouth. My husband had the roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. Roast beef was lovely and tender with crispy well risen yorkshire pudding. For desert we had white chocolate cheese cake with dark chocolate sauce and Eton mess. Both desserts were well presented and very tasty. We will both be visiting again very soon.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Give it a miss”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Terrible food,slow service, Uninterested staff, hard to find anything positive!would not recommend very dissapointed

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank S D
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Can it get any worse?”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

A belated review of our christmas dinner dance here. Cramped (elbows touching next person whilst eating), appalling rubbish 'food' - more like a school dinner, music that actually put people off and dj wouldn't change it or respond to requests. So overpriced.

• Visited December 2012
Lincoln
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not nice”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband took me and my daughter, for a Mother's Day treat, I found 2 hairs on my plate, told the waitress all she said was sorry. It totally put me off my meal. I will not be going again.

1 Thank LyndaKoala