“Good food let down by terrible service!!”
Review of The Pyewipe

The Pyewipe
Ranked #97 of 518 Restaurants in Lincoln
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Pyewipe Inn, Saxilby is a jewel in Lincolnshire’s crown. The idyllic setting is but a 30 minute walk from Lincoln’s picturesque Cathedral City Centre and historic quarter. An easy leisurely leg stretching stroll along Britain’s oldest man made waterway, the Roman built Fossdyke Canal, prepares your appetite for the tantalising treats that await you from our bar or restaurant menu Popular as a ramblers favourite watering hole, narrowboat mooring point or restaurant for the discerning diner; this fabulous Inn is all things to all folk. The addition of the Lodge in 2001 makes us the perfect location for weddings, corporate events, conferences or perhaps merely a restaurant with rooms or place for romantics to propose. Please feel free to peruse our website, however only a visit can truly bring our legendary location, cuisine and hospitality to life.
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We visited here with some friends for Sunday lunch. We were shown through to our table promptly and our orders were taken. The restaurant was busy so I wasn't too annoyed that we seemed to wait a while for the food. However when I asked to see the dessert board it never arrived so after waiting about 15 minutes I asked again. Once we had eaten our desserts we wanted to pay, this proved to be quite difficult! After getting the bill I realised that they had over charged us so I then had to get this changed. After waiting a further 15mins the bill never returned, at this point we were ready to walk out. However I asked a further time and we eventually got our bill and we went on our way!
The food was really nice it was just let down by inexperienced and disorganised staff.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at the Pyewipe Motel in September, the accommodation was clean and spacious. But the restaurant was outstanding, great breakfasts with a wonderful choice, lunches and dinners were delicious, and all desserts, soups, pies etc you could tell were made on the premises. Atmosphere in the restaurant was relaxed and friendly. There is a tow path from the Pyewipe pub into Lincoln which was a very pleasant walk into the City to see the sights. The historic area is particularly worth the walk, with lovely cobbled streats and eclectic shops. Although I have recommended for friends it would also be good for couples, families etc. There is a mooring in front of the pub so if you were on a canal holiday this would also be a great location to stop for a good feed.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I used to frequent the Pyewipe many years ago as a junior RAF Officer. I recently returned to this riverside isolated location and was most disappointed, Service was slow in a less than welcoming restaurant. Th place is in need of a serious refurb. But if you want a pub by the river and peace and quiet close to Lincoln, there is little to compare with the Pyewipe - it could be so much better though - shame.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

A delightful country inn restaurant in a tranquil waterside location. Plenty of free off road parking and mooring for boats on The Fosseway. The food is first class with a regularly changing menu offering plenty of choice at reasonable prices. Whether you sit outside and enjoy watching the boats cruise past or indoors in the well appointed bar and restaurant the service is attentive and pleasant.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I don’t normally spend my time writing reviews but this was such an exceptional dinning experience I had to. It was the warmth and friendliness of all staff, including those who were new which started the lunch well. The food was fantastic, a real joy. Even thought I asked for a few changes to the stand menu, nothing was too much trouble. We will defiantly return as soon as possible. Thanks to one and all.