“Good central sleep”

Castle Park Hotel
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed July 13, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Sean_David_Lucas
MagJ1897, General Manager at Castle Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I've been staying for 2 days at the Castle Park Hotel. The stay was really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave. Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met Nicole. She explained everything I had available and gave me a access and the password for the internet to use the service very quickly. Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The shower seems to be bigger than my house. The bed was one thing that if I could take him home, I would have done. Hard in the right places and comfortable. Very rich and tasty breakfast, I love scrambled eggs,and I found the best around. Very good location, just 3 mins walk to city center. These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Katielfc

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

All feedback is valuable to us as it helps us evaluate our products and services in line with our guests expectations. Thank you once again for your choosing to stay at Castle Park Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed there for a few times and would certainly recommend that to a friend! The location is perfect just in the heart of a town,close to univerities,parks,hospital and of course shops! The prices are suprisingly cheap for that location and value of the rooms. I always book single room and always get spacious room with double bed. The breakfast is everyting you want 5 or 6 types of cerals,fresh fruit and vegetables, cheese and ham,youghurts all in vareity to choose.And the staff is really helpful in all kind of needs. For sure gonna come back for another bussines trip or this time with family!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Let's start with the good things. The best things about this hotel? The photographer they used for their website.

Recently decorated it said. Which made me wonder if chipped plates and bowls were a new trend that had passed me by. It also made me wonder: how many chips does a bowl need to have before you think it is chipped? On average, each bowl at the breakfast tables had at least two chips. One bowl had five. I know this, because I looked. At. Each. One.

Recently decorated it said. The window in my room was kept open with a coat hanger. I understand why the window was kept open, and I cotinued with their recently decorated method of keeping the window open, as the room was smelly.

I was pleased that there was a table light as the ceiling light didn't work.

The staff were friendly, but there was an air of chaos. I couldn't be bothered to ask to change rooms, as I was in Leicester. On a buisness trip. I hate buisness trips. I now also hate Leicester.

Would I stay at this hotel again? I hate Leicester.

However, what made me say this hotel was average as opposed to anything less was: I had a very unexpected brilliant nights sleep. For that they get a big congratulations. (Was it an alcohol induced sleep you ask? How very rude of you, I reply).

Staying at this hotel reminded me: you pay for what you get. Next time I'm on a buisness trip, feck saving money , I'm asking for a jacuzzi.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank kaffeeg
MagJ1897, Manager at Castle Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for 1 night which was on the first floor. The room was fantastic, clean and spacious! You'll think you're at home! Shower no problem, just what we need. Breakfast was on the ground floor. Excellent choice of healthy food Overall we had a good sleep and the receptionist was very helpful indeed. Very easy to find the hotel from the train station as it is right in the centre.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Hotel sits right in the middle of town and is perfect location for anybody who is visiting city or University .Our Room was large (we booked a king-size) and clean. The staff was all very pleasant and helpful. You can park on the street outside which was useful. Breakfast was a very very nice -continental style.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
MagJ1897, General Manager at Castle Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed there with my family for 3 nights. we have stayed here for several times before and every time they make us want to come back again. Location, room cleanliness and staff friendliness are the best about this hotel. Thanks for your warm hospitality Nadia.

Room Tip: Note: if you have kids ask for rooms on the first floor. room 104/103 are the best.