“I'll leave you to decide”
Review of Castle Park Hotel

Castle Park Hotel
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Let's start with the good things. The best things about this hotel? The photographer they used for their website.

Recently decorated it said. Which made me wonder if chipped plates and bowls were a new trend that had passed me by. It also made me wonder: how many chips does a bowl need to have before you think it is chipped? On average, each bowl at the breakfast tables had at least two chips. One bowl had five. I know this, because I looked. At. Each. One.

Recently decorated it said. The window in my room was kept open with a coat hanger. I understand why the window was kept open, and I cotinued with their recently decorated method of keeping the window open, as the room was smelly.

I was pleased that there was a table light as the ceiling light didn't work.

The staff were friendly, but there was an air of chaos. I couldn't be bothered to ask to change rooms, as I was in Leicester. On a buisness trip. I hate buisness trips. I now also hate Leicester.

Would I stay at this hotel again? I hate Leicester.

However, what made me say this hotel was average as opposed to anything less was: I had a very unexpected brilliant nights sleep. For that they get a big congratulations. (Was it an alcohol induced sleep you ask? How very rude of you, I reply).

Staying at this hotel reminded me: you pay for what you get. Next time I'm on a buisness trip, feck saving money , I'm asking for a jacuzzi.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank kaffeeg
MagJ1897, Manager at Castle Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

All feedback is valuable to us as it helps us evaluate our products and services in line with our guests expectations. Thank you once again for your choosing to stay at Castle Park Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel for 1 night which was on the first floor. The room was fantastic, clean and spacious! You'll think you're at home! Shower no problem, just what we need. Breakfast was on the ground floor. Excellent choice of healthy food Overall we had a good sleep and the receptionist was very helpful indeed. Very easy to find the hotel from the train station as it is right in the centre.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Hotel sits right in the middle of town and is perfect location for anybody who is visiting city or University .Our Room was large (we booked a king-size) and clean. The staff was all very pleasant and helpful. You can park on the street outside which was useful. Breakfast was a very very nice -continental style.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
MagJ1897, General Manager at Castle Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed there with my family for 3 nights. we have stayed here for several times before and every time they make us want to come back again. Location, room cleanliness and staff friendliness are the best about this hotel. Thanks for your warm hospitality Nadia.

Room Tip: Note: if you have kids ask for rooms on the first floor. room 104/103 are the best.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mohamed318

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Central location , cheap and cheerful, and staff pleasant.
Decent continental breakfast, and rooms comfy if a bit basic.
Not suitable for anyone who cannot climb stairs , as they are pretty steep and no lift.

Room Tip: Make sure you specify twin or double
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I visited during a heavy snow storm and the City was deserted apart from the odd commuter stuck without any Buses and few Taxis available which made me think that the very well located and easy to find Hotel would be busy with stranded people,it wasn't.
I was made very welcome and the room was up a couple of flights of stairs and I managed to find two ways down to reception without fathoming how.
The staff were very helpful when I asked if they could get me a Taxi to the Football Ground,but due to the weather the efforts were in vain.
The room was excellent and quiet (although I couldn't work out how to release the plug in the sink).I did not find the morning traffic disturbed my sleep
If you wanted a Drink or meal you are spoilt for choice as there are numerous Bars and Restaurants nearby.
Minus points were trying to find the Breakfast room and wondering where everyone was which meant I wasn't sure what I could take or how much. I liked the choice of continental breakfast but I gather some would have liked a warm or cooked meal given the weather.

Room Tip: Late rooms gave me a massive discount and if their not full ask for en suite if like me you booked a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for. What did disappoint me was that the shared bathroom was on the next floor down and the bed awfully skweeky. All very very basic. However the pace was clean with friendly staff. The location is nice and Central and my was at the back so I didn't experience much noise.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo