“Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park”

Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Durham, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

After our three hour car trip we were greeted by warm and friendly reception staff and offered a comfortable room. The hearty breafast that was a little over priced. That said, overall, it was good value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I just got back from a 7 night stay at the Premier Inn Fosse Park whist on a business trip.

The hotel is very clean, the area felt safe, there's lots of parking although some spaces are a long walk from the entrance. The staff are all really friendly.

I arrived at 10:05pm on a Friday night and was handed a weeks supply of Meal Deal Vouchers, the first one had already expired so I went to bed hungry. The Meal Deal is a bit odd, you can have Rump Steak £12 but you can't have a Pizza £8.

The all you can eat breakfast is very good. Good selection of sausages, bacon, hash browns, scrambled egg, croissants, cereals, porridge, muffins. Breakfast was to order at the weekend and a hot buffet during the week. I think the usual price is £8.25, which is great value.

I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel which only had a 20" CRT TV in the room. I was hoping to be able to watch movies from my smartphone on the TV using a HDMI cable, but the CRT TV put an end to that. Apparently some rooms have been updated to LCD flat screens so I must have been unlucky.

The rooms don't have air conditioning, there is a thermostat which only controlled when the electric wall heater kicks in. I had the thermostat turned up full and I was still cold sometimes, this was in late April so it must be freezing in Winter.

It's my company's usual hotel so I will be staying there again, but next time I will request a quieter room.

Room Tip: Narborough Road very busy during the night. Ask for a room on the other side of the hotel facing the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
manchester
Reviewed April 29, 2013

went for the w/e with family to see family and as alway very good stay very friendly staff we alway stay at fosse park as it is a few mile from were we want to be we hope to be back there in a few more weeks

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Beckenham
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a large hotel. Staff were friendly but after I explained that i was not very mobile they allocated us a room a long way from reception. They later changed this to a closer one on the first floor. There is a small lift.
The bedrooms, and beds, are very small. The beds was high and not comfortable to sit and watch tv on the small old set. There was only one other chair. Clearly our stay at Twigworth had spoilt us.
You may need a candle while you wait for the lights in the bedroom to warm up.
We had a continental breakfast on our second day. Staff in the restaurant were very efficient at replacing items and the hot croissants were delicious.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We booked this hotel as we were up visiting family in Leicester. This hotel is in a superb location - close (but not too close) to the M1 & M69, City Centre &Fosse Park Shopping Area.

Easy to find, welcoming staff and atmosphere and plenty of free parking.

Local area was fairly quiet too, considering the hotel is situated close to a busy and main dual carriageway.

Rooms were quite compact in comparison to other Premier Inns we've stayed in, but nonetheless still served their purpose well. Beds extremely comfy and all areas that we saw were very clean.

Would stay here again.

St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

great hotel staff very friendly perfect for access to the king power stadium and welford road stadium .plenty of fast food and cafes close by down narborough road. easy access for buses to the city centre . great parking and great eating facilities on site!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank davehill66
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This was my first time at a Premier Inn and I was surprised at the quality and value. I can nit-pick with the best of them but couldn't fault my stay in any way. I do think some residents might feel that 'last orders at the bar' at 23.30 was a little early for a Saturday night! Loved the extensive buffet breakfast. And at an incredible low price!