“really disappointed”

Little Tokyo
Ranked #131 of 1,197 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since opening our doors in 2005, Little Tokyo has been the pioneer of a new era of Japanese cuisine in Leicester. Offering a wide variety of sushi, noodles and other Japanese foods at affordable prices in a friendly, cozy environment, we quickly gained popularity to become a local favourite. The originality, affordability and exclusive experience of Little Tokyo restaurant proved to be our distinctive advantage; our handmade sushi specialists, showcasing quality sushi and sashimi made freshly right after you place your order, to ensure the freshest and highest quality taste. Come, eat, drink and enjoy at Little Tokyo!
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I heard this little restaurant for a while, so come with some expectation, we Had dinner there that night, and ordered sake, waiter poured for us, but he only did half of the little cup, we didn't pay much attention to that, but then later we realized that he only gave less than half of that bottle to us. Fried oyster and chicken dumpling we ordered were all seriously over fried, and oyster wasnt fresh at all!!!Negima Yakitori was over cooked, chicken was so tough, and cold. Sashimi we had(Salmon and surf calm), i believed that it's all come with box, they were not fresh at all, but very very expensive!! The Unagi cha han I had, sause was just horrible, even taste bitter... Over all, reli disappointed!!

3  Thank david950

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Pros
Easy to find and park nearby
Staff very pleasant and helpful
Food cooked to order
Kids loved it!
We loved our meal and similar to food we have eaten in Japan itself
Cons
Some portions were a bit small such as the prawn tempura and the vegetable tempura
Tempura a bit greasier than normal
Dont know why they don't have teriyaki beef on the menu
Price for size of some dishes wasn't great
No kids menu
Overall
A lovely meal and kids (aged 6) loved it, just could have eaten a bit more.
We would return again when in area.

1  Thank mc2010uk
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you re looking for authentic japanese food then this not the place for you. Im not sure where to even begin with my disappointment but first of all the portions are tiny. The teriyaki chicken portion was literally half the size of a bank card and the sauce had a really strange bitter taste. The rice accompanying this was not even japanese rice but jasmin rice obviously used as a cheaper alternative. The sushi was extremely sticky and too vinegary, hence I ate one out of three pieces. Lastly the tempura was not light and crispy but very greasy and just unappetizing. All in all I think this is a no go area, an insult to japanese food and over priced.

1  Thank clockface123
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love this restaurant, it's one of the few Japanese restaurants I've been to that not only sell authentic Japanese food but also has a good selection of sushi too.

On the occasion I went the staff were really friendly and in particular the lady that served me was very keen to recommend dishes to me and very keen to help make my visit a good one Which it was.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have been here quite a few times, and always have a really good meal. Last night we had another fantastic meal. The service is great and helpful.