“A fabulous place to eat!”
Review of Dine India

Dine India
Ranked #93 of 1,159 Restaurants in Leicester
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Leicester, United Kingdom
“A fabulous place to eat!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Wow, Kasabian really were not lying when they said, Dine India is one of the best restaurants ever!

As I'd heard from so many people, Dine India was fantastic, I thought I have to at least give it a go. I like to think I'm a bit a foodie much to the amusement of my friends! therefore I recommended we visit this much talked about restaurant.

The service A star, the menu was extensive and we all left pretty satisfied. The staff at Dine India know their stuff! There was a definite buzz about the place.

If you like to Dine out in a classy place,then I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Terrible all round would not return!!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Recommended by my partner as 'good place to eat', upon arrival 1st impressions were good, bright reception area , looked relatively freshly decorated. No air con & it was a hot in there ! Asked if we wanted a drink or to be seated. We sat down, table was next to the bar - so lots of people walking past, and hemmed up a corner- so felt very claustrophobic, anyway- went down to the buffet corner. It as literally that - a small corner with a number of silver serving trays. No plates- had to wait and ask for them, none of the food was labelled !! (Plates were hot - so that was the only positive). So a big guessing game as to what was the food was. I stuck to the carpet - very very tacky it was gross- right by were the popodoms & dips were. There was no queuing system in place whatsoever !! and was then descended upon by a large group - who acted liked a free for all pushing me out of the way. By which point I wanted to leave. My partner ate his food but I was totally put off. Raised this promptly with bar staff when we came to pay & he didn't give a toss as to anything that we were bringing to his attention. He very tokanistically listened to us, discounted a mere £3 off the bill, then asked us what we wanted him to do !? It's your restaurant, use your initiative. Poor customer service. Would not return. Terrible experience.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kittykat076
leicester
“Hot, dirty and claustrophobic. Arrogant staff!!! AVOID THIS PLACE”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

One of the low points in my life was today's Sunday buffet..... Back surgery was more fun!!

After using this restaurant a year ago I was looking forward to a delicious Sunday Indian buffet.

How disappointing to find the messy, cramped buffet surrounded by people waiting to go on the Jeremy Kyle show.

Hot, poorly ventilated and sticky carpets. The buffet was half stocked, the rice was crispy, stuck together and there was a lack of plates. After asking the waiter for one he barged past me and came back with plates.

As if that wasn't bad enough because of the way things were layed out the rude people in the restaurant then pushed past us and leaned in front of us to get food.

Nothing was labeled, when we asked for an idea of what everything was, we were given a rude reply.

After complaining the waiter then said oh well and gave us the bill (full price) my girlfriend didn't eat as she was pushed aside in all the disorganisation and bustle.

He then knocked £3.00 off the bill. I told him that was still unreasonable and in the end I offered to pay for mine and the drinks.

He gave attitude and never apologised. He didn't give a toss.

I will never go there again. Please be advised to AVOID THIS PLACE.

North East England
“Just what countesthorpe needs”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A nice place for a pleasant eat out experience. Authentic decor and excellent food....countesthorpe could do with moor of this.

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Glad I dined India”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went on early on a Friday night, the restaurant was surprisingly busy. We were first seated in the bar area with menus, after our order was taken we were seated in the restaurant . The restaurant area has very subdued lighting so we understood reason for ordering in the brighter bar area. The service and the food was very good. The restaurant is split over different levels, with very modern decoration. Spent £60 but that included popadoms, starters and mains for 2 including a bottle of wine and a pint, which we thought was good value for money.

Visited September 2013