“Big Buffet”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Buffet”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Me and my family love this restaurant. A buffet with a good choice of food and desserts. I can also recommend the Teppanyaki grill which gives you a dish that you created.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Harrier98

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Leicester
“Better than Real China”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We came here with the restaurant closing in 20 minutes time and was surprised that they were topping up the food almost right until the end of service which was great! The selection was good for the lunch time spread and I really have no complaints about the food except I wish the dessert selection was a little better (the Chinese type mango/coconut jelly things were quite awful). I would certainly come back again to try the evening buffet.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank clockface123
“great”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

we love this place and so do my children! It is a buffet and plenty of choice and often you can end up over eating here! great service and great food! There is also a counter that make fresh stir fries of your choice. The deserts are limited but still nice.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank PDKJ
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A Respectable Riposte”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had been to a Chinese buffet the night before in Leicester during our weekend there, but still fancied another oriental outing. I had been to Leicester a few times before and kept walking past this place so felt keen to give it a go.

The weekend dinner price is £13.50 which is not too bad for what it is. When you enter, the area around the bar is pretty nice and atmospheric. The cosy lighting and the lavish tables were really enticing...but then you go through the doors and the lighting is quite different. It's a lot brighter and the tables are not as polished. However, you are right next to the food which is a saving grace.

The selection on offer was good with the stalwarts of prawn crackers, pancakes and soups to be had as well as a quite decent sushi spread! There is also a teppanyaki plate for those who want bespoke meals as well as the trays on offer. I was with my girlfriend and both agreed that the salt spare ribs were the hit of our meal. Nothing we had tasted poor or bland.

One big plus point is that the waiters and waitresses were REALLY quick in clearing plates. Literally seconds after we stopped!

That being said, the dessert selection is quite uninspired. It mostly comprises of fruit (I like fruit, but something else to go with it would be nice), a solitary cake and some plain ice cream flavours. The coconut jelly was nice though...as for the vanilla jelly, you're not missing anything; it's pretty much wobbly custard.

In all, I was glad to go but didn't feel inspired to return should I be in that neck of the woods again.

• Visited May 2013
“best in leicester”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

great food,staff are lovely.you must try this place.lovely place.can`t wait to go back.
been many times,never fails to inpress.always helpfull.love it to bits

• Visited April 2013