“Leicester Latino Birthday Night!”

Las Iguanas - Leicester
Ranked #62 of 1,208 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin, Mexican, South American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Excellent service
wonderful decor - got you into a holiday party mood
Great food selection
really helpful and hunky staff
would definitely visit again
great cocktail selection
nice clean toilets evidence of a frecent refurb

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Went here with partner, she been on about this place for a while so I thought ok lets go. How wrong I was to listen to her my choice was Oggis on London road which is a gem.

So we had our happy hour cocktail's with nacho's which was nice. I thought in for a treat how wrong i was. Lyndsey came to take our order for mains we said we were not ready the least she could have done was remove the empty plates nacho tray and empty glasse's she just walked off. I was shocked even the Mrs made a comment that she could have taken this lot away.

Went for fag going in to 15 mins now our table was still not cleared.
I felt like clearing it myself, don't get me wrong it was saturday evening but at this point it was not busy. I even suggested to Mrs let's go Oggi's she declined my offer. After a further 10 mins table got cleared and nearly suffering of dehydration she came and asked us for mains, Mrs was indecesive from 2 dishe's so she asked Lyndsey who did not have a clue ( basic product knowledge). I asked her a question about the grilled chicken is it served with skin on or off she goes off the reply she gave clearly indicated she did not have a clue I had to ask her you not sure are you? Her reply no i do not know so I suggested she should go find out, she did and yes it is with skin on so now going on her word if i had ordered it then what? I opted for the burrito with chicken i had to seriously search for the chicken as there was hardly any in there all filled with cheaper item veg. The food was bland no taste what so ever it was rubbish to say the least. Overall very dissapointed the tables were sticky like they not been cleaned in a while the prices we paid i think was a total waste of hard earned cash.

STAY AWAY from these franchise resturants waste of time and money . Go to the independent resturants where the whole dinning experince is second to none.

3  Thank Sp5123
LasIguanasHQ, Owner at Las Iguanas - Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that Las Iguanas wasn't your first choice to dine in on the night and you were brought under duress. We are an independent restaurant group not a franchise, and are very proud of our menu which is almost all cooked from scratch in the kitchen including over 30 sauces and salsas made daily. We would always encourage any guest to let the server or the manager know if they don't enjoy what they have ordered on their visit so we can rectify it at the time- you don't mention if you did let us know but we'd be pleased to speak to you and find out more if you would like to email me lucy@iguanas.co.uk with a phone number, your name and trip advisor ID. And we'll be sure to check out Oggi's next time we're out and about in Leicester. Lucy- Las Iguanas

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Have been here a number of times now as always enjoyed it. Had a free course today with an email because it was my wife's birthday, they also gave her a free caipirinha( that was a nice touch, my wife was really pleased, thanks). The staff are always brilliant but we tend to go in the afternoon so I can't comment what the service when it's busy. The place has a great relaxing atmosphere in the afternoons which we enjoy, there is also plenty of room between the tables so you don't feel as your eating with the people on the next table like in other restaurants. The food as always was lovely and we'll will be coming back again and again.

4  Thank 123sjaj
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited last night for my mum's birthday. She got a free cocktail with a birthday candle which was a nice touch. Food choices were incredible and sooo much veggie choice which was amazing! Food is Latin American influenced and happy hour is all day Sunday wooo hoo the Pina Coladas are amazing! Chimichangas are unreal. Sweet potato chips to die for. Something for everyone really. Staff so attentive and friendly. Food cooked fresh. Our only advice is to crank up the Latin music a bit to improve the Latin party atmosphere! We will be back!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Really enjoyed our meal, food was very tasty, typical Mexican fare. Our waiter Toby was very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Only downside was the noise !!! Really struggled to hear ourselves talk, and found ourselves shouting !!!
Did think that it was a tad expensive, for 2 starters, 3 main courses and 3 drinks I paid £53.00.
But overall a great evening.