“Usually Excellent Food and Service, but cheapened recently”

Curry Fever Restaurant
Ranked #273 of 1,152 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Said to be one of the best curry houses in Leicester. The range of dishes is impressive and reflects an authentic Punjabi cuisine. The restaurant has just reached it's 30 year milestone in December 2008 and is a very popular destination for many curry lovers. The restaurant boasts an array of awards including 'Best Indian restaurant in the midlands' by the good curry guide in 2001. Anyway, go and enjoy the delights of Curry Fever.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Usually Excellent Food and Service, but cheapened recently”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have ofren eaten at Curry Fever as, although slightly more on the expensive side, it offers good quality fresh food and a variety of dishes not usually on the menu at other restaurants. The staff are also friendly and efficient.

However, I was very disappointed on my last visit as not only did I have to wait over an hour for each course to come to my table (thankfully I was with good company), but when it arrived the portions were extremely small and very poorly presented. It was also not to it's usual standard of flavour.

Considering the price of the food I expect a higher quality than most restaurants every time I go. Unfortunately, based on this experience, I will not be going there again.

Visited June 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We had heard this was a good restaurant and had received awards but I was bitterly disappointed. Shown to a table and just left, ages before we were offered drinks or menus, when starters came out they were just put on the table without actually being delivered to the recipient, mine was just warm. Food was okay but certainly not excellent, waiters were inattentive on the whole until it was time to pay and then they were extremely efficient, I won't be going again, food to me was average but service was terrible, did not feel we were valued at all, will stick to my usual restaurants the Khyber and the Grand Durbar where both food and service are excellent, sorry Curry Fever - not even a mild temperature

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank madwife482
“Avoid at all costs!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Booked table for 17 for family and friends with children, as it was highly rated by trip advisor. Booked in advance for our Christmas meal. What a mistake! The service was terrible! The owner who was walking around the restaurant did not even smile at us or even welcome us. The deco was so old and out dated that even the paintings on the fall had faded and the carpet was disgusting. Who only knows what the kitchen is like? Food was served randomly. Wasn't even good as parts of some servings were still cold in the centre. When we ordered ice cream for the children, the ice cream was rock solid frozen! Then talk about professionalism, the waiter said to us that he will go and stick the ice creams in the microwave! Of cause, we declined this offer. The owner was so rude that through out our stay, he kept on moaning at our children to stay seated at all times. How can you expect young children to stay seated for 4 hours whilst they tried to serve us? If the service was quicker the children would not have got agitated. Then, we were changed a £40 sit-in charge which I disputed. When I disputed, the owner and his son came up to me and started screaming and using bad language and the experience was like I was in a bar just about to have a brawl. Eventually his exact words were "f### your £40 and get out of here and don't ever come back!". I coudn't believe how terrible the whole experience was. It completely ruined our Christmas meal. I can not recommend this restaurant at all!!! There are plenty more restaurants out there who are professional who will make your experience enjoyable. Do NOT waste your money at Curry Fever.

6 Thank Uttamlal
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Very, very good but not the best”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Visited the restaurant for a work leaving do. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy but wasn't empty either. The food was brought out in good time by well mannered waiters and was delicious but slightly oily hence the 4/5 mark.

• Visited July 2012
west midlands
“Different from Brum in a good way & Brum is perfect!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Great service! The dishes you'll recognise may be differently spiced but very lovely. They have some Kenyan dishes & beer, reflecting the diaspora! Meat beautifully tender.

Why not share some mogo as nibbles instead of poppadums?