Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Leicester
Ranked #806 of 1,189 Restaurants in Leicester
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We went early Wednesday evening for a quick meal and it was very busy in there.
There was lots of birthday parties and lots of birthday songs played. I had the pizza which was ok and my wife had the steak burger which was full of fat and chewy. The lager (Stella) was not that good, we were served very quickly which was quite good.
The food quality is not that great but its ok.
I don't think I will be going there again.

There are newer reviews for Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Leicester

Reviewed November 25, 2012

After a visit to the cinema we headed to F&B for a quick bite before we went home. Both dishes we ordered were overpriced and of poor quality. My girlfriend had a prawn dish and only counted five prawns on her plate and my steak resembled charcoal. We would have compained but had waited for 40 mins for our food to have arrived and did have work the next day!

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Visited this place a couple if times purely because of its location and being very convienant
The first time I visited I vowed never to return however I did decide to give it another go this was a big mistake!!
The food that we were served was at best adequate no more the place sort of homes in on the homely Italian way of cooking there should be disclaimers
The staff were ok but always trying to up sell your meal with side orders which can be very annoying they also have a family freindly atmosphere which appeals to a lot if people I visited here with my 3 year old daughter and I was not at all impressed the meals were served at different times adult meals came first??!
As you guys with children know this is a right pain as children are not very good at waiting lol
My chicken was overdone to say the least at least I didn't have to worry about pink chicken ha ha
Everything else was just ok not nice but not horrible just ok
I was served mine and as we were eating the chef decided to set fire to something and the restaurant was full of smoke and my daughters and wife's meals were left at the pass going cold whilst all the staff ran around like headless chickens opening all the doors and windows both meals were stone cold when the waitress gathered herself up there was no apologies for the wait just sorry it might get a bit drafty as we were sitting close to the door oh we'll the food was cold anyway we eaten as fast as we could and left feeling very ripped of as the prices are not cheap and the quality and the experience was very poor we did try to explain to the waitress that all the food was cold she just said it was probally caused by the door being open!!!!!!
I gave up really and just couldn't be bothered to make a thing of it
Will never return

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had never been to a Frankie and Benny's before, but I did enjoy it. The service was very poor, and I can only justify that because it was a Friday, but then really they should have more staff available on busy nights! Also I did find the constant birthday celebrations annoying when they would dim the lights so no one could see their food, or when they kept putting in the wrong CD.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have been Frankie and Benny's many time and always had a good time but I'd not been for a few months and I went and took my girlfriend and her family for her birthday. WELL were do i start worst day ever, To start with the tables were all broke wobbling none of the legs were level so we then had to use napkins to level them out because they said "There nothing we can do sorry" After we sorted this problem we ordered our starters and once again they delivered it was amazing and it was so nice we forgot about the table problems all was going well, then we came to order our mains, this is were everything goes wrong, firstly they take our orders leave us 15mins before coming back to tell us they have no peppercorn sauce for the steaks so then i wanted to reorder so I did but the others stuck with their steak, that was fine then when our mains came we was missing a meal they hadn't wrote it down (This person didn't order a steak so it was from the start they missed it off not once we changed our order) so they sent out some fries out for him while he waited for his meal, thought was kind and thoughtful un-till i got the bill and had been charged for them and because they had been eaten they couldn't take them off the bill. When the steaks came out for those who had had them they were dry no flavor and they were like rubber with all gristle through the middle now i understand some steak does have this but for all three to be the same says poor stock and poor chef as he didn't even season the steaks, once we spoken to the manager his response was " I know we have had this all week" (WELL SORRY WHY NOT TELL US BEFORE WE ORDER") I prefer honest people not people who let me order when they know there is a problem. After making my point clear that the people who ordered steaks were still hungry because it was uneatable they took them off the bill, so fair a enough but still it ruined the day the fact people left my girlfriends birthday meal hungry this is the same if people came to your house and left hungry you would feel bad and unset this is how i was left feeling. The place is defo run by different management and staff !!

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Leicester also viewed

Leicester, Leicestershire

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Leicester? Share your experiences!