“Better than you might initially think”

ASK Italian - Leicester
Ranked #242 of 1,189 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian is one of the UK's leading casual dining restaurant brands with over 110 restaurants across the country. We are driven by a passion for authentic Italian food and culture and work with a number of expert friends, including chef Theo Randall, to bring the best of Italian life to the UK high street.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have walked past Ask dozens of times and have never given it a serious thought for one main reason; I think "Ask" is a ridiculous name for an Italian restaurant. That may sound petty, but it didn't instill any confidence in me that it would be anything remotely close to being authentic Italian food. And as I enjoy going to Italy annually for my holidays, I am not interested in anything that doesn't strive to be authentic.

This past summer we finally gave it a try when a visitor was in town. The reason? It was a beautiful sunny day and one table happened to be free on their patio. Initially, we didn't care much about the food as we were just happy to be sitting somewhere outside (having already tried to get a table at Mrs Bridge's, but their patio was full).

We learned fairly quickly that their patio wasn't the only appealing thing about Ask. The food was surprisingly good! We ordered a number of appetizers which we all shared, giving us a chance to each try a number of dishes.

In using the bathrooms I was able to explore the inside and was pleasantly surprised by the way they have decorated it. It's modern and tasteful, while still keeping the original features in tact within the older sections of the building.

All in all, we were very impressed and will certainly return for supper the next time we have reason to be in town.

There are newer reviews for ASK Italian - Leicester

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Brilliant Food, Service exceptional, had a thoroughly enjoyable evening
Many Thanks to all staff for making a special evening
Very reasonably priced for excellent food
Keep up the good work

Reviewed October 7, 2013

A whole group of us were out for dinner with friends from China. The meal was excellent, with fine food and wine as well as good service, even stretching to a colouring book for our friends daughter. A thoroughly good time was had by all.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Walked in off the street and they were able to accommodate the six of us easily, we had a table next to the kitchen, which I didn't mind as I am interested in the cooking aspect and you could see the chefs working. Food was good and certainly hit the spot. Friendly and helpful staff, particularly when we all wanted to split the bill at the end.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

2 of us had a great lunch here at the end of July, we sat outside in the lovely summer sun. Had a 3 course meal which both of us really enjoyed. Service was good considering there was only 1 member of staff looking after all of the outside diners. Prices were a little steep but I used vouchers so really can't complain, I would definitely consider going back.

1  Thank Chelsea121008