“USED TO BE GREAT!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I used to go here quite often. However on our most recent visit, we found the meal sizes had shrunk and the prices had increased quite a lot. The same has happened with the drinks, before you used to get 500ml of coke now you get 330ml coke for nearly double the price. For a family of 5, we ordered 4 main courses and drinks and this came to over £65 which is definitely not good value for money. While the food is good and the service, the portion sizes and prices are just outrageous. I will be avoiding this place in the future.

1  Thank guv112

Reviewed November 25, 2011

Came here with a large party from work. We had the set menu which was lovely. However the place lacks atmosphere and the wine is awful.

2  Thank Lougunn
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I ordered some pizzas to take away. When I arrived to collect they took my money and told me my order was not ready and to take a seat. I could see my order on top of the pizza oven. After being asked my order number on 3 occations they told me it was still not ready (one of these people was the manager). After another 10 minitues I told them that my order could be the one on top of the oven! They said sorry and gave me my order! I told them that the service was very bad, the mananger said just because your order was ready does not mean the pizzas are cold!!!! not sure what planet he comes from! Shame as the food it good - just the service - the attitude of the staff stinks!!

2  Thank Mitesh S
Reviewed October 1, 2011

When there is an occasion we will always pick Indigo for dinner even though we do not live in leicester. We have been going to this restaurant for years and we love it.
My family are vegetarian and do not eat onions and garlic...therefore Indigo cater well for us.

The chilli paneer and crispy bhajya are our favourite dishes. Good portions at reasonable prices.

The decor is that of an old pub which can appear dated and a bit grotty but I suppose this keeps their prices down. Ample parking available and lots of seating inside.

Unlike the other reviews, we generally find the staff helpful and professional. There have been times when things go wrong but they try their hardest to rectify problems. We are happy to pay the 'eat in' charge.

Its a cheap and cheerful place...

1  Thank j2bob
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The food arrived very quickly, but was at best average.

The Pepsi from tap was flat, the Pau Bhaji arrived with a full bowl of sauce but one roll for four people. When queried with waiter became argumentative and said we could buy extra rolls, then would'nt take it off the bill. The Manager could not even be bothered to talk to his customers and kept sending the waiter.

Avoid this place and go to Feast India across the road where the staff and owners dont treat customers like crap.

2  Thank F458