“Queues too long”

Ranked #50 of 129 Quick Bites in Leicester
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: From the well established Farmhouse Inns company comes a fresh daily carvery, classic pub dishes, tasty homemade desserts, coffee and 'cakeaway'! At Grove Farm We dont Take Booking We operate a Walk In Policy
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had to get in a very long queue which took about 20 minutes (I think that is good compared to people I spoke to).
Its a pity there couldn't be a more efficient system instead of the long queues.
However the food was good, with a wide variety of vegetables and good selection of pudding selection. I enjoy seeing peoples faces when they see how big they are.
The staff are polite and working non stop but you don't feel like they have much time for personal service.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Grove Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Dee, we appreciate your honesty and will take your comments on board. We hope you choose to dine with us again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (1,036)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited the grove farm earlier on and the waitress helped me out massively! I am vegaterian and was struggling to find what meal to eat, the waitress which was serving us ( her name was Lucy) told me which different dishes she thinks are best and recommended what I should I get. I went for the Asian burger and loved it. This girl was so polite and patient with me when I couldn’t decided. Lovely girl. :)

Date of visit: September 2019

Thankyou for your lovely words regarding your visit to Grove Farm! I’m glad to hear that Lucy was a stand out superstar to you and will ensure your kind words are passed back to her! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was great and staff members are friendly and helpful. True family restaurant. Will definitely visit again.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
1  Thank Reinis B
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Grove Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Reinis, Thankyou for your lovely review of Grove Farm! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We queued for 45 minutes for the carvery, yes I’m serious 3/4 of an hour for the worst carvery I’ve ever had the misfortune to experience in my entire life. At being served I asked for beef, the portion given was minuscule, the carver spends so much time ensuring that it is cut as thinly as possible the queue just extends.The whole system was in chaos, people having to cut through the queue to enter the lavatories for one, then once you’d filled your plate you also then had to cut through the queue to return to your table. I really cannot emphasise enough how pathetically meagre the wafer thin meat portions were, or how shambolic the system was, quite outrageous I have to say, never again.

2  Thank JR3579

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate that our carvery queue on a Sunday can become particularly lengthy but we are recently seeing an increase in our customers returning regularly every Sunday to enjoy a carvery we are continually trying to improve. Within this comes ways in which we can improve the queuing system, which we understand is not ideal at times. In terms of speed, with customer getting their own vegetables, our carvers can only serve so many guests so quickly. Our carvers are also trained to carve to a brand standard portion of meat which is a set weight dependant on the plate size you purchase.
We are sorry to hear that you feel you would not like to join us again however hope you may reconsider us in the future once we can ensure our changes have been instilled within the business.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited here again last night as we wondered if it had changed since we last reviewed it when it was awful and yes on our experience last night it had improved. We only had a starter and a drink but the food was hot and very.acceptable and the whole place seemed to be buzzing. Hopefully they can keep this up.

Date of visit: September 2019

Hi Norma, Thankyou for your feedback, we appreciate that you can see the improvements we are trying to make and hope you will join us again in the future.