“Brilliant - while at its busiest...”

Morrisons Cafe Coalville
Ranked #99 of 129 Quick Bites in Leicester
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Deciding to lunch at Morrisons, we found an updated restaurant, with a digital ordering point near to the large billboard menu. Deciding what to have being the perpetual problem when faced with a wide choice, I had decided to have macaroni cheese and ask for a bacon topper, with cream cake to follow - yes I was very hungry.
Husband chose his usual fish and chips. Noticing that there were two prices for this meal, I had decided to order the larger portion for him. On reaching the order point, we were so easily drawn into the super large portion of fish and chips, with several choices on ordering - including curry sauce or gravy, It sounded so lovely that I ordered the same for myself - and was so glad I did so.
We were prepared by staff that there was a 20 minute wait for food due to being excessively busy. That was easy - we chose a table and I took the opportunity to get the shopping done in the store.
When the food arrived, it was served by rushed staff who were still working hard to make sure that every customer had exactly what they expected to have, and if anything else was needed. Just so good when the whole restaurant was busy.
Great food, presented well, cooked well and so much of it. I have to say that this was the only meal I needed today. The portions are huge. We did notice that those customers at nearby tables, who had ordered the all day breakfast had also received gigantic portions. Not for the faint hearted!
Everything was clean, tables were cleared as quickly as possible without anyone being rushed.
Fantastic service, great food - thank you for a lovely lunch today.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

We ordered a kids macaroni cheese, a kids fish fingers and a small breakfast, 3 drinks and ordered on the machine to have to brought to our table.
The food arrived and the macaroni cheese had literally been dumped on a plate straight out the microwave, edges were hard and hadn't even been stirred! The oil was obviously in serious need of changing, the hash brown was so dark and tasted terrible, as did the sausage, toast was burnt, it was literally as if someone cooking really didn't give a c**p.
We were not brought our drinks or cutlery so hard to leave 2 small kids at the table alone to go get these.
The fish fingers plate was so hot I had to ask for another plate, not acceptable to serve that to a 2yr old who does not understand not to touch it!

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed January 25, 2019

A surprise a lovely breakfast as I didn’t have one item they let me have another and soya milk available

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 14, 2018

This cafe’s been refitted since my last visit. The food and cleanliness could be greatly improved.
It wouldn’t take much to bring the place up to a good standard.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank SixtyOne
Reviewed December 11, 2018

I have only been in the café a few times I have all ways had good service & good food
also will use Morrisons to do my shopping

Date of visit: August 2018