“Value for money and friendly efficiency.”
Review of Stoneycroft Hotel

Stoneycroft Hotel
Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Cost £49 per night for a double room with breakfast available for 2.
Breakfast was excellent, room was standard I'd expect for price (Hol Inn and Premier Inn were almost double price for same nights).
Staff friendly and efficient, restaurant offers a real good value deal, plus a more expensive option if preferred. I had mussels,plus fish and chips - £8 - cannot fault that. Others had lamb shank and were well pleased.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 3, 2013

No wonder the pictures are taken in the dark with soft lighting on in the hotel! The pictures of the featured room built my hopes up, i should have known better... Cheap flooring up the walls! This place needs a total makeover as of years ago. I asked for fresh coffee with my breakfast to be told that "the instant coffee is fresh"!! I'm working class but this is below standard and should not even have 1 star! PLEASE AA TAKE NOTE. This reflects badly on your rating system. Yes it may have been 3 star when it first opened.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed May 12, 2013

were treated as third class citizens during our 2 week stay. had to b changed to another room due to d mattress being so old and feeling the springs. after moving to the new room had d same issue. on the final few days after being promised a new mattress nothing happened. during the evening staff were sayingthey do not know wherethe new matrtressis and the next day d manager tried saying the mattress had bin changed when it clearly was the same one. what do they take us for litle kids. crazy people

Room Tip: never go there is my advice
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights for a conference at the university. It's good location for campus, but the place is unpleasant. Bed and bathroom were clean, but the infrastructure is in bad shape. I couldn't turn off the heating, the lamp over the bed was broken, and the I got the sense I should not be walking barefoot on the carpet. I could hear everything that was happening above, below and on either side of my room, and the breakfast was bad (I skipped it after the first time even though it's included in the price). One ray of light was the staff, who were very nice and tried their best to make up for the faults of the place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I made the mistake of not checking trip advisor before booking this hotel... I used to live in leicester and booked the Stoneycroft as I remember seeing the hotel with its flags outside and restaurant, also being in Stoneygate a nice part of leicester I thought it would be ok.

Well! what a grubby hotel...that is the best word I can use to describe it...as I was travelling solo I had a single room, I expect single rooms to be small...that was not the issue. The hotels carpets everywhere you look are old and stained and the room was no exception...the bathroom was dated and had the added feature of a towel wrapped around the sink as there was a leak and the shower hose was just disgusting! I checked the bedding and towels and thank fully they were clean if they were not I think I would have walked out but as it is cheap and all I needed was a bed for the 2 nights I was visiting I stayed.

The tea and coffee facilities they provided consisted of 1 sachet of coffee 1 sachet of decaff and 1 tea bag...I made myself a coffee the first morning but the milk provided curdled when it came into contact with the drink so that went down the sink! also you get 2 small sachets of shower gel and that is it....and none of these meeger things were replensihed for my second night not that I was bothered as I had gone out and bought my own.

Another downside is the soundproofing is non existant...I have never known a hotel to have such creaky floorboards...lying in bed you can hear every creeky footstep on any floor...especially the floor above you...I even had the pleasure of listening to another guest snooring through the walls.

One more note...if you advise that you have a 24 hour reception it should be 24 hour...yes I know most people dont get in at 430am but on this occasion I did and I spent until almost 5am trying to get anyones attention at the hotel to let me in.

My experience here was not great and I will not be staying again the only thing that was a plus was that it was fairly cheap but even at £40 per night it is too much for what they offer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Melissa024
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Sorry to see so many negative reviews about this hotel. I stayed there about two months ago for business and enjoyed a warm welcome from the manager on arrival. The room was clean and comfortable and I had a decent night's sleep. Interestingly, I was upgraded to the 'honeymoon' suite which had a jacuzzi bath and multi - headed shower, both of which didn't really deliver the spa experience implied as the water pressure wasn't strong enough. That said, I was still able to have a shower, and the breakfast was acceptable. This is not a luxurious hotel, but what do you expect for under forty pounds a night? Pay more or get real! One last thing, it is a good 15/20 mins walk from the train station if you have luggage, but there is a regular bus service and a stop on the main road a minute from the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Not only did they have the wrong day booked, but the room they gave us had wallpaper falling off because of damp, the bathroom door held on by one hinge only, the carpet had an 'iron shape' cut out, presumably because it had been burnt. Sink and toilet fitings not properly connected. The outlook was scruffy with rubbish and roof badly maintained. Overall the property smelled greasy. The bedding was clean and the breakfast just ok. There is no way this Hotel can justify 3 stars, it is barely 1 star.
Wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Not possible
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple