“Cold and a smelly bathroom”

Premier Inn Leicester North West Hotel
Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Location is good in the Glenfield area although not city centre. Grounds are pleasant and the check in staff are friendly and helpful.
Room I feel was starting to need a refurb. The bathroom and toilet smelt and it was obvious that it had not been cleaned very well with greasy smears all over the toilet rim. Not only that, the heater and thermostat were inadequate for the size of the room and it was really cold
Food in the adjoining restaurant was mixed with evening meal being trashy and manufactured but the breakfast being very good ( better than the Holiday Inn equivalent).

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Leicester North West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell short of your expectations. Please be assured at Premier Inn we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate these issues further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Normal Premier Inn standard, hard beds, clean rooms, good restaurant next door at Gynsills, breakfast particularly good.
Check in staff very friendly and helpful.
Handy location next to County Hall and on the A50 into Leicester

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed in here on Friday, 1st February 2013. We are a family of four (2 adults and 2 kids (Boy aged 8 and girl aged 2)). What a wonderful surprise this place is, I can't recommend it highly enough.

We arrived quite late and were greeted with an extremely friendly and efficient receptionist,. The hotel had hidden a star in our room for my son to find and get a treat at reception which was a lovely touch. We had room 5 which is a family room and it was clean, quiet and spacious. The double bed was absolutely massive and way above my expectations. There were also 2 singles and a cot. TV was decent with digital freeview channels. Good, clean bathroom with small bath and shower unit above.

We had full breakfast the following morning for £8.25 per person (kids eat free) and I was astonished to find it was cooked to order (maybe because the hotel wasn't that full, but even so!). It was excellent and I have absolutely no complaints.

All round, it is probably the best value hotel I have ever stayed in. If I was ever staying anywhere near Leicester again, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tropnevad_jon
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very good stay, receptionists were kind and helpful, nice room good food very clean, great value for the price. The only down side was the bathroom that I found a bit cold when I arrived, but i would certainly go back again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and myself have just returned from a three night stay at this hotel. The hotel and staff were very good indeed. Couldnt ask for better, we will return. Very comfortable bed, very clean bathroom and freindly service,

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The place was faultless for my one night stay over. There is plenty of free car parking, and it is located in a quite place. As my stay was over Christmas and I booked quite late it was a bit expensive for one night. I would check if the services have been reduced over bank holidays before booking on them.
The heating worked well and the room was very clean and tidy. They could not have done anything better!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

All in all a very pleasant stay. Reception staff very cheery and gave all the information i asked for. Even delivered iron & board to room for me (other facilities advise me to collect them from Reception)! Down side is that this facility does not have a lift, which may be a problem for those with mobility issues (such as myself). This needs to be stated on the website. Meals taken in pub next door, good value and breakfast cooked to order.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems ask for ground floor room as there is no lift at this facility.