“Excellent Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Leicester Central (A50) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Ive been staying at this Premier Inn several nights a week whilst training in Leicester for 3 months and I've been very very impressed. When I arrived for the first time I was greeted warmly by te reception staff, and every subsequent time the staff were equally as friendly and professional. All of the rooms I had (20 or so in total!) were clean and well appointed, and room service were very thorough when I stayed for a few nights. The beds on the whole were massive and very comfortable, with only a few exceptions.

On a couple of occasions I was placed in a smaller room which looked like they were converted from another space at some point (these rooms were at the end of the corridor and known as 4A Or 106B etc). The beds were not as big or comfortable but still were ok.

I did have one poor nights sleep, where I was in a room near to the cleaners cupboard, and I was awoken pretty early by them banging about.

I wouldn't really recommend paying for breakfast however, which is served at the next-door pub. Although it was adequate, it was very expensive and the staff were pretty grumpy EVERY time I ate there.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure, and I would gladly return.

• Stayed: August 2012
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Leicester Central (A50) Hotel

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I use this Hotel regularly when visiting a particular client locally and never have any problems (other than a minor one this time). The welcome is warm, the staff are helpful and the food is good.
Unfortunately the room and corridor tempertaure, with the window open, varied between 26.5 and 27.5 which is great on holiday but not when you are trying to sleep and you cannot reduce the temperature with the heating controls. A minor issue but a good budget hotel that I would use again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Leicester Central has several main problems.
1) The Post Code given on the invoice is for the hotel nearer to Groby, not Central.
2) The hotel is quoted as central, but is really 2 miles out of the centre.
3) The signage is badly hidden, not lit up, and I doubt if I would have found the hotel in the dark.
4) When you get in to the car park, it is marked as Heathley, not central.
5) My biggest complaint is the temperature of the rooms. Unbelievably hot.

Don't touch this hotel with a barge pole. The staff are fully aware that in the winter, the hotel is freezing, and will give you extra downie's. In the summer, the rooms are extremely hot, and the staff will give you sheets instead of a downie. The staff openly admit to this.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Leicester Central (A50) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously and on receipt of your details, the issues raised will be fully investigated and duly followed up by Customer Services and the Management Team at the hotel. We will try to quickly rectify the incorerect postcode on our website.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed for one night and the hotel was top quality. The room was spacious, clean and well equipped, the bed was really comfy and the bathroom was spotless. Most importantly it was really quiet. I had never stayed in a Premier Inn before and was pleasantly surprised at the standard of accommodation and the quality of the breakfast. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

we stayed here in july for an overnight stay during my cousins wedding. There are 3-4 premier inns in leicester before you get to this one. It is too far from leicester central. Our check in was at 2pm but I had told them we would get there after 12am. We got there 2am and were very tired but the room was not ready. When I say not ready i mean no blankets and bed sheets and not even the beds ready for the children.

The receptionist was very helpful but sorry to say the room was dirty and as much as the receptionist did it kind of looks bad for lenny henry.The receptionist told me it was the earlier staffs fault as they had not done anything or told him but my booking was there.

Originally when i phoned the booking line i booked this hotel but asked for a nearer hotel with family room. the website was only showing this hotel so went ahead but phoned the booking to book. 5 minutes later i realised there was a nearer hotel and tried to chage they were not having and saying would incurr a fine.

As for the beds they were comfy and the room was ok but the problem was at 7am when everyone else got up peaceful sleep?? they have a door in the corridor that peopel kept on going through and the noise was unbearable

Room Tip: do not go there if you want to sleep as lenny henry says you will
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Leicester Central (A50) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured your comments on the room quality and your booking frustration have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights, for just over £150.00 great value without breakfast. Breakfast finished a little early at 9am. Went to get breakfast on one of the mornings about 4 minutes to nine. Met a lady outside collecting glasses asked if they were open hoping to get a cup of coffee. Did not get a clear answer if they closed at nine or stayed open for the day. We ate there each evening food good , que system and service a little slow. Check in and out good. Rooms clean comfortable and quiet. However, during the night room got very warm. Controls did not seem to work. My partner left the room and decided to check in to another, without waking me. When I went to check gentleman at desk was at first not very helpful. I do understand his reason for confidentiality. No problem going back again or any other Premier Hotel.

Room Tip: Check how to use temperature system
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2012

No-one is surely going to stay in a Premier Inn and expect a five star experience for £39 a night? I always tailor my reviews to the claims of the establishment- if a hotel claims '5 star bedrooms' then they better well had be!

Premier claim to be clean, comfortable and convenient- and I consistently find them exceeding my expectations- and that is the greatest compliment that I ever give.

From the welcome from Leo very late on a Friday night through to the very clean and well presented bedroom this is just such a pleasure and is why we stay here 2 or 3 times a year whilst visiting family. We sometime stay at the County Hall Premier Inn (Leicester North West- only 2 miles away) instead but that depends on price and time of year- this Inn does not have aircon. That was my only grouch this time really- far too hot and oppressive in both the room and corridors.

Love the new pillow arrangement where each person is given two different types so a couple can 'pick and mix'. Love the toiletries, love the staff training.

Only 4 out of 5 for the onsite restaurant- it's a '2 for £10' and the menu is not as good as the 'Table Table' that we prefer, but, hey, the breakfasts are great.

Why on earth anyone ever spends time in a Travelodge, I have no idea unless there just isn't a Premier Inn nearby.... (like Cockermouth!)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple