“Alot of reading and plenty to learn.”

National Space Centre
Ranked #8 of 115 things to do in Leicester
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Space Centre really is a visit that is out of this world. Take a journey through out themed galleries, stopping at over 150 interactive experiences! Sit back in awe in the UK’s largest planetarium as we take you on a voyage of discovery in this 360° fulldome experience. The National Space Centre is an all weather attraction for all the family. On site we have over 400 parking spaces, restaurant, shop and all the facilities you would expect from a world class attraction. The National Space Centre hosts many exciting weekend events, including astronomy evenings, movie themed events, astronaut visits, even special Star Wars, LEGO and Time Lord weekends and many more… see the website for full details Opening Times: School Holidays Monday – Sunday 10:00 – 17:00 School Term Time Monday – Friday 10:00– 16:00 Saturday and Sunday 10:00– 17:00 (please check the website before visiting to ensure we are open). We suggest you allow a minimum of 4 hours for your visit
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Visit at least once a year with the grandchildren who always enjoy the Space Centre.
I find there's lots to read but this doesn't put the children off as there are many "hands on" exhibits. The "sky " show is always interesting and different each year.

1  Thank cisco66
Write a ReviewReviews (2,567)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I enjoyed a great day out here with my two grandchildren ages 11 and 13. There were plenty of hands-on, educational activities for them to enjoy and they were engrossed with the many exhibits for the whole day. I would recommend it one hundred per cent!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I don't know why we actually went, but when we got there it was full of rocket stuff and I didn't need to be a rocket scientist to understand it. There's a imax cinema and we even got a 12 month pass to go as many times as we like it was that good

2  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Stopped off here to break up a drive from the south east to the north east. Added about 20 miles to a 350 mile journey and was well signposted both to and from the M1.

Kept both me and my 8 year old interested for a few hours and we could have stayed longer. Planetarium show was excellent although my wife and son had seen the film used at Newcastle's centre for life.

The tower was impressive with the information well laid out and the timelines on the wall a great way for us to see the development of space travel.

Didn't use the cafe but there were seats available (Sunday afternoon non school holidays)

Entrance fee seemed reasonable compared to other places visited over our week long holiday and the option to return was commendable. My only concern is that this may have contributed to my one complaint about the visit.

It seemed some people were happy to have their kids charge around uncontrolled as if the place was a crèche and it was a means of containing them on a Sunday afternoon.

There may not be much the venue can do to encourage people to control their children but it was frustrating to watch my sons enjoyment curtailed on occasion by other children barging into him with the parents nowhere in sight.

1  Thank NewClose123
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've been here twice now, very interesting and lots to see, my son is only 6 and although he likes to look around it's more suited to older kids that can understand what everything is and does and can read all the information. We also attended a party recently and that too was good well organised and the kids food was very good. The planetarium show is good but needs to be changed more often.
Also the car park has to be paid for as an extra and it's already and expensive entrance fee.