“Mega curry, mega hosts and top value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spice Bazzar

Spice Bazzar
Ranked #9 of 1,127 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Authentic indian restaurant Fully licensed Air condition Friendly staff Child friendly
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Mega curry, mega hosts and top value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Too often the modern curry house consists of bright lights and cold décor, don't be put off by the plain appearance. This is a propper curry house for people who enjoy propper curry. We were in Leicester for one night for the football and I eat here with my partner. We were treated like regulars and eat a special curry which was not on the menu. Having grown up in Manchester and now living in Devon I find it upsetting that the curry down Plymouth is so bland. The Spice Bazaar did not disappoint and we both left very happy. Top, top restaurant.

Herts.
“Friendly local restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

As we were needing to eat, did a detour off the M1 to the restaurant as it was rated on this website as no 1 Indian restaurant in Leicester. Given Leicester's large Asian population, I was expecting as stunning meal. There meal was nice, but no better than lots of Indian restaurants we have visit around the country. I would say food-wise, average to a little above. We did have a problem wish very slow service (one and a half hours to main course, which when we just stopped to refuel on a long journey was rather unhelpful!). One of the chaps apologised and explained it was partly because of one of the dishes we had chosen and partly because there were fewer waiters than usual. No particular problem with that, except if they knew one dish was going to take such a long time to prepare they should have said so an alternative could have been chosen. As to waiters, ate in a very busy Indian restaurant in Scotland last night with just two waiters on duty (and they had to man the bar). Didn't have to wait. I can accept we were just a bit unlucky on the night but I think the food ratings must come from local residents rather than the wider Leicester community?

4 Thank DallyHerts_
Epsom
“Best Restaurant in Leicester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

It doesn't look much from the outside but don't let that put you off. Inside it is pristine and you couldn't get more friendly efficient and informative staff. The food is absolutely fantastic easily the best Indian/Bangladeshi food I have ever had. A word of warning - make sure you are hungry when you go there as the portions are enormous. It is fantastic value for money and I will always go there whenever I visit Leicester.

Visited August 2014
Epsom
“I Wish I Lived in Leicester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

Having searched a few options on internet we decided to go with Tripadvisor's #1 and were lucky to secure a table on a busy Saturday night. Totally right decision. The food here is utterly gorgeous. My best Indian meal ever (and I am a very picky veggie who has been to India and Sri Lanka and eaten at some of the top restaurants in London). Trying to think of a reason why we need to go back to Leicester soon................

Visited August 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great traditional curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I have decided to write a follow-up review for our second visit.

The reason for doing this is previously we visited on a weekday, but this time booked for 8pm on what turned out to be a very busy Saturday evening.

Well I can safely say that the care and attention we got on a slower midweek evening was completely matched on a very very busy Saturday night, again we had a couple of dishes not on the menu that we had on our last visit but at different strengths.

All I can say is if you like indian food and the taste of the spices not just heat give this a try the service is great, the food is great and the staff are very helpful.