“Hotpot....NOT!”

Han Dynasty
Ranked #778 of 1,201 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 15, 2013

If you are not of chinese origin then I would not recommend coming here as you probably won't served as we didn't! We came in and were stood in the door way for almost 10 mins before being acknowledged by a member of staff (there were 4 members of staff bearing in mind!). She pointed us to a table which we were to be seated at once it was cleaned.(In the mean time a chinese couple came in after us but were seated straight away). However... this took another 10 mins before she made a start AND she decided to pick up 2-3 dishes each time before disppearing to attend to a different table of customers. So it actually took her almost 20 mins to clear the table. We sat down and didn't get given menus for another 10 mins... But our hearts were still set on eating a meal here but sadly it was not to be as after another 15 mins of waiting we had given up. A waitress even caught my eye but didn't come over to the table! We then walked out and was not given another look by the staff. Simply unbelievable, I have never experienced anything like it. If it was not for their chinese customers this place would be out of business.

3  Thank clockface123

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my dining partner, a Hong Kong born Chinese lady at her recommendation. I was not disappointed. As a newcomer to the Chinese Hotpot style of eating I was glad to have her as a guide. The first thing I noticed was the clean, bright and airy look of the place and upon being seated the four individual halogen hobs, one set in each corner of the table. We both decided on the Hotpot, although a Chinese BBQ ( also built into the table ) is available along with other standard dishes too.
You choose the base meat for your meal in, our case beef and lamb, then off you go to the well stocked chiller servery to make a selection of various, vegetables, meats, tofus, fish and prawns. Next to the condiment station to mix up you own dipping sauces. ( It doesn't matter how you combine them they still taste great )
Back at the table the soup base had arrived, hot and simmering away on the hob, I had chosen the spicy broth and my partner the plain version. It was then just a case of tucking in, holding the thinly sliced meats in the bubbling broth for a few second until done, vegetables were simply chucked in and retrieved when done, the same with the other items. The broth is spooned over boiled rice and improves as more is cooked in it.
As you can imagine this is a very, roll your sleeves up and relaxed way to eat and great fun in good company with friends. The staff were very friendly and would come on over for a chat from time to time, refilling the Hotpot as required.
Altogether a very enjoyable evening out and with the bill for two of £38 on an eat all you can basis plus a bottle of wine, pretty good value too.

1  Thank Mike B