“Breath of fresh air for Leicester”

St Martins Tea and Coffee Merchants
Ranked #2 of 30 Coffee & Tea in Leicester
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Lovely quirky place with good locally sourced food. Excellent range of loose leaf teas, or coffees if you'd prefer. Staff are friendly and enthusiastic.

1  Thank bluefox42
There are newer reviews for St Martins Tea and Coffee Merchants

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I must admit I am a little bit in love with this place. The service and staff,
The food and the Coffee, its just beyond anything else in Leicester, Nottingham or Manchester. Why would anyone go to a chain when you can visit this gem of a place.
I can also recommend the monthly coffee tasting eveings.
Please, if you love Coffee or Tea for that matter, go visit and support a independent.
You will not regret it.

1  Thank domniro
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a gem for Leicester as its a lovely family run tea coffee shop.
They have just started a deli counter with olives, cheese's, Italian dry meats and other yummy items.
They roast fresh coffee daily as they are a big merchant.
Recently they have added more seats upstairs so plenty of space.
It's very different in there and like your standard chain coffee shop.
They also have fresh bread in the morning to purchase but it does sell out quick.
A great place to chill with a hot drink and bite to eat.
We also found out that they will soon be serving alcoholic beverage's..

2  Thank 301,172
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I am a very fussy coffee drinker. I used to go to Starbucks when I was in town, but now I have discovered this coffee/tea shop in St Martins I only go here. It is funky, chilled out and the people serving you actually stop and talk to you. I always have the cappuccino with chocolate on top - melt in the mouth good! They also sell a small selection of food i.e. sandwiches, cake etc, which is of good quality and reasonable prices.

1  Thank 45kazza
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We've not eaten in here yet, just had coffee, but I must mention the coffee. It’s the best we have ever, ever had and I’m not exaggerating. Absolutely superb – better than the very best we can muster at home (and we’re a bit anal about our coffee at home).

Citizens of Leicester be thankful: ditch the overpriced mediocrity of the chains and have an artisan coffee that will hit you in the senses like no other.

Quite Brilliant.