“Top notch food and service”
Review of Curry Cottage - CLOSED

Curry Cottage
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Curry Cottage restaurant and bar in Leicester is a newly opened family run business that has been beautifully decorated with personal touches every step of the way. The 50 cover restaurant is a little boutique tucked away just few minutes from the City Centre. With the cosy and warm atmosphere you are guaranteed not only to just have a great meal but enjoy the experience of eating out.*Savour the flavours of Bombay* Curry Cottage´s focuses on the fundamentals – Back to our roots to sustain and promote fresh, traditional Indian cuisine directly from Mumbai!*Serving authentic dishes which are totally natural with no added food preservatives, we have created an establishment which prides itself on perfection. Our emphasis on quality is uncompromised and has taken us to such heights that we have our own group of international buyers who source ingredients to our specifications. CurryCottage does not compromise on quality. Our food speaks for itself. With our team of carefully selected versatile chefs from India, we have conjured up an unrivalled knowledge base, boasting invaluable professional experience. Curry Cottage has been started by the Berry family, who have been managing restaurants from 1950. Mr. Satyapal Berry who started the first white table cloth restaurant In Bombay in 1950 introduced delicacies and specialities to Bombayites, such as Chole Bhature, Butter Chicken, Afghan Korma, Vegetable Do Piaza and many more!
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Top notch food and service”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Living in Leicester, my family and I have dined at many Indian restaurants both in the city and on the outskirts and although some of them are to be highly recommended, none of them beat this one for exceptionally good quality food with friendly and attentive service.
There are many Indian restaurants closer to our home but the longer drive is well worth it.
The restaurant can cater for individuals, families and large groups and is often frequented by Indians themselves which is always a good sign.
The food can be cooked according to each person's own tastes and is of the finest quality.
All the staff are polite, efficient and friendly.
What more could you ask for? You simply have to make a visit and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013

london
“Amazing all round”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I currently live in London, a friend of mine came to visit when she recommend Curry Cottage to me. At first I was a little skeptical as I'm a bit of a plain jane and like going restaurants i'm familiar with. I did a little research and found out its family business so I decided to give it a go. To my surprise I was amazed at the service the owner and his daughter provided. They put a personal touch on the service I received and the food was lovely. I now travel down to Leicester every 2 weeks just because of the service and specially for the food, which I would highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013
“Attentive Staff, Overpriced Food. Made too many mistakes for one visit!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I have just visited this restaurant after hearing positive feedback about it. Unfortunately Curry Cottage did not meet my expectation and does not compare to Leicester's Bar and Grills on Belgrave Road.

I booked a week ago for a birthday meal for my mother in law. At time of booking they advised they would decorate the table. When we got there today the table was not decorated. The waiter (mahesh who was a credit to this establishment and somewhat made up for what was a very disappointing visit) apologised and advised he will decorate it now..nice of him but the surprise element was now diminished.

Drinks were ordered and received promptly. We placed our starter order but at no point were we asked if we wanted any popadums so I ordered them. We had one each, I wondered if there was a charge as a lot of places provide them as complimentary. Whilst waiting for them I thought I would see if they charged for them and oh yes they did...a whopping £2.50 for two popadums and a pickle tray (I then went outside just to double check that I wasn't in harrods).

Starters came - youngsters enjoyed the chicken lollipops, and the Mogo chips and onion bhaji were nice.

The lamb chops (which I had been advised were the best they tasted in Leicester and was the main purpose of my visit) were dry and way overcooked. I'm sitting at home now and my teeth are still hurting from trying to rip off the meat from the bone. My wife ordered tandoori 'king' prawns and at £7.95 I was expecting at least half a dozen. We received 4 and they were so small I thought they were shrimps. However, credit where credit is due they did taste quite nice but overall that still doesn't warrant the price and the quantity.

Mains were ok, my company enjoyed the veg dishes and thd mushroom rice was very nice. However, I did request my dish to be medium to hot for my Delhi Chicken Curry... It was very mild when I started eating it I thought that I had been handed the wrong dish..I told the waiter who advised he would take the rest of the curry (not that what I had already put on my plate though and change it) I didn't really see the point as half was on my plate that wasn't going to be changed. When it came back it did taste a lot better.

Throughout the meal the main manager asked me if the food was ok. I told him during the starters that the lamb chops were overcooked and during the mains I told him that I ordered medium - hot but received a very mild curry. On both occasions he acknowledged my pain points but did not return with an apology or a solution. Based on this I just paid my bill and didn't say anything and left my comments card.

I eat at a lot of places within the UK and unfortunately I will not be returning to this restaurant but hope they can take on board this feedback.

Mahesh the waiter however is very attentive and did try and rectify a problem straight away. Credit to him.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Chet_D_UK
London, United Kingdom
“out of this world”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Me and my family had our diner at the curry cottage couple of days ago and we were just blown away with the food. This is you call an authentic Indian restaurant out of India. everything was spot on. I am just amazed about how could I miss this place as I am Indian food lover.

Hats off to the chef.....

We are coming back soon with more friends...............

• Visited June 2013
uk
“Awful stay away!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Food was awful,worst restaurant I have ever been to.Starters we had tandoori chicken it was full of bones, mains were even worse the lamb was swimming in oil with no taste,chicken jalfreizi was mild.They even tried to overcharge on the bill at the end eventhough I,d spoke to the manager and told him how bad the food was, he said they can,t satisfy every customer at this rate they won,t satisfy anyone

• Visited May 2013