“Sumptuous Steak”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We booked to dine at Curveside Bistro on the back of Trip Advisor reviews on a rare night out into Leicester city centre as a couple. Our 'date night' with kids staying at their grandparents!
The service was welcoming and very warm throughout the evening. Spot on service.
We opted for the 'Pre Theatre' 2 course special (we didn't divulge we had no theatre tickets lol) and both courses were delicious. My wife opted for the Pate and I the Prawn Cocktail. For mains were went for Rump & Fillet Steak with homemade chips, crunch veg and a peppercorn sauce. Fillet was just £2.95 extra and the sauce only £1.95. With drinks our bill totalled £45 which we both agreed was excellent value for money.
Would we return? Most definitely. Booking I would imagine is vital as it's only a small establishment.

1  Thank Marchell

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Fantastic food service all round well priced for a 3 course it was a lovely nite thank you to the lovely staff I will be back

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was my first visit with friends celebrating a birthday. The waitress greeted us immediately upon arrival and showed us to our table which they had kindly decorated with a balloon and a glitzy table decoration.

All 5 of us opted for the Pre-Curve Theatre meal, 2 course for £14.95 and requested the fillet steak for an additional £2.95. Definately worth it, our steaks were amazing, was like cutting a knife through butter. Everything was cooked fresh from scratch, no frozen food here thats for sure. We then opted for dessert as felt like we would be missing out on more delicious food.

I will definately be going back and I would also recommend this bistro for small parties as the upstairs is ideal and lovely furnished.

Overall this bistro is a little gem, ideal location next to the curve, bars and NCP parking, I could not fault at all hence my 5 star rating.

Thank you to the waitress and the chef......lovely people.

1  Thank lisa d
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My girlfriend and I visited the Curveside Bistro before our visit to see Chicago at the Curveside early in January.
Having previously had a booking cancelled in October due to the chef being ill - I was excited to taste the food based on reviews I had seen on TA.
We were also offered a complimentary bottle of wine because of the cancelled booking so i decided to book in for the Pre theatre menu.
The restaurant is very small - especially downstairs, but we thought this made for a very homely feel.
We also loved the choice of music. As we both work in a similar city centre restaurant getting sick of hearing Florence and the Machine over and over - we were loving a bit of Jackson 5 and other classic anthems!
The food we thought was amazing. My patê was lovely and my partner really enjoyed her mushroom starter.
For our mains, we both ordered the Fillet Steak (how could we not!) With chips and salad. We were even asked if we wanted iceberg lettuce instead of rocket as we had rocket with our starter.
The chef got our steaks perfectly cooked, and the red wine and bacon sauce was lovely.
Desserts were also very nice.
Overall we loved the attentive service, had best steaks we've had in a while and the lovely atmosphere.
£45 for 2, three course meals was also good value for money.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Found this bistro on Google after being fed up of the only option to have a pre-theatre meal being the chain restaurants in the city centre or Chutney Ivy. Well, what a hidden gem! We booked a table (which I'd recommend as it is only small) the 2 course pre-theatre menu has the option of Starter & Main or Main & Pudding for £14.95. All four of us ordered the Fillet Steak (this has a £2.95 supplement), we all wanted it cooking slightly differently - this was done to perfection. The home-made chips were amazing and the veg was clearly well sourced and perfectly cooked as it tasted fresh and all was beautifully presented. We all had pudding, crumble, lemon meringue and I had chocolate melt in the middle sponge...this was to die for! Perfectly presented and baked - they could easily charge £7 for this yet it is on the menu at £3.25 (I think).
This seems to be a very clever set up - its a breakfast/lunch bar by day and a steakhouse bistro by evening. The waitresses told us its a family business - then we caught sight of the chef, who looked very young! We've eaten in some very nice restaurants and this steak was one of the best we've had - the young chef has a natural talent! We will definitely be back for our next theatre trip.

1  Thank loubieloulou