“Made to feel welcome and were efficient and attentive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Vida

La Vida
Ranked #64 of 1,138 Restaurants in Leicester
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Made to feel welcome and were efficient and attentive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Small and friendly restaurant. Lovely choice of good food at reasonable prices. Waitresses were very good. Lovely to see clean white tablecloths !.

• Turkish first
Leicester, UK
“Nice little restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I visited today for lunch, having read the reviews. Sadly, the place remained empty throughout our meal. The calamari and sardines were excellent, the pasta well cooked and filling and creme brulee outstanding, even the house wine was good. The waiter was attentive and pleasant and the meal was exceptional value. Despite the rather loud Cuban music we will definitely revisit.

2 Thank brookbridge
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Most definitely NOT the 3rd best restaurant in Leicester!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Family came up to visit for my birthday - went on tripadvisor to find a restaurant last minute - saw the glowing reviews and thought this was the place to go! Although it was on a not so nice road, we thought it must've a gem in the rough.

And boy, were we incredibly disappointed!! Arrived into the restaurant and saw it was dated and had a horrendous smell of stale smoke.

The waiter was very good and attentive - however - we believe he may have been the source of the stale smoke - very off putting when you're eating your meal! The music in the background had a humming noise behind it, which became quite annoying after a while.
The place was quite dirty - from the glasses to the plates we were served our food on.

The 7 of us ordered starters and mains - a mixture of pastas, calzones, seafood and meat. All of which were ranging to poor to awful.

Starters- I had the calamari - clearly from a packet and looked like onion rings. A few had mussels again from a packet and clearly overcooked. The pizza garlic bread was lacked a flavour and texture.

Mains didn't go down well either... My sister had the seafood linguine - and although we appreciate we are not by the sea - the seafood was not fresh and most certainly not cooked correctly. An obvious fishy smell came from the dish.
The boyfriend and one of my brothers had calzones which were sloppy and not cooked properly - we had noticed the waiter had to rush out and get some shopping for it also!
My mum had ordered the peri peri chicken - this was really dry - although the waiter was more than happy to get some more sauce for it.
Myself and another brother had the carbonara - strangely both plates did not taste the same - one was incredibly salty and the other bland!
Another dish ordered was the lasagna and it can only be described as a school dinner slopped onto a plate!

Such a shame, as we had such high hopes for this supposedly 3rd best restaurant in Leicester!

1 Thank Gina T
“Bloody nice!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

A really warm and friendly atmosphere. Small unique and authentic family owned place. Such good value. Took my partner for his birthday. Ordered 4 starters. For mains he had a pizza I had sirloin steak which was huge and came with 2 large sides. We got a dessert to share as well as drinks throughout and it was only £50.

• Visited March 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful restaurant, so glad I found it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I've lived in Leicester all my life and love Italian and Mediterranean food but have only just discovered this little gem. I visited with family pre theatre and we all enjoyed the meal immensely. We had different dishes from the menu with a variety of side dishes and everything was fresh and very tasty. The crème brulee was divine The service was excellent and there was a friendly ambiance. The prices were very good value and the drinks were also cheap for a city centre restaurant. Definitely a restaurant I will be returning to.

• Visited May 2013