“I've stayed in worse?!”

Campanile Hotel Leicester
Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
“I've stayed in worse?!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here end of august after a horrific night away in blackpool to which i would not recommend the lyndhurst there! But this hotel is standardly clean with fresh sheets and towels. Not the greatest location if your not from leicester however if you're driving you'll find your way around eventually. We wanted to go out that night with it being a friday, kalps i think his name was, was extremely helpful! Told us of some lively bars and ordered our taxi for us. Only negatives were that the walls are quite thin and that we couldn't figure out how to pull the plug out the sink?? I know it sounds simple but we were baffled.

• Stayed August 2013
Steve P, Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Deputy Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Girl who was on arrival rude, seemed like she didn't want to be there, perhaps as it was a saturday evening wanted to be out clubbing instead of working channel or something, unprofessional with tattoos on hands lovely image.
Room carpet terrible state, sink does not drain properly. Only 3 pillows for 2 people doesn't make sense. Rooms small in size, tv doesn't work properly. Rooms smell of smoke even though no smoking. Bed was lumpy and couldn't sleep properly. Very noisy with traffic and people banging doors all night after night out I guess.
Breakfast was ok but very overpriced for a cooked one. Staff friendly in restaurant and the girl who checked us out the following day, didn't get her name as she was foreign. Seems a but dated though and needs refresh. The location is also in what looked like a very dodgy area, Have to say I won't re-visit and will continue to use other hotels.

1 Thank Deborahandjohn76
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review.
I was disappointed to read that you experienced some issues when staying with us.
At the Campanile Leicester we take customer satisfaction seriously so you can be assured that we will be taking preventative action as to avoid a reoccurrence.

If you would like to discuss the points of your stay in more detail please feel free to contact me at manager.leicester@campanile.com

Kanpur
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Fantastic experience, greatest value for money, Breakfast good, rooms clean, free wifi, nice staff, great if you love Indian food coz it is close to bedford street full of Indian food joints, I will stay every time I am in Leicester, this was my second stay in 2013 in this hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us enough to award a big "5" Stars.

Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Staff were all very polite at check in and very helpful as I was travelling to a wedding they let me check in early.
Stayed for one night in a twin room, very clean & tidy although carpets were a little stained. Tea & coffee available in the room.
In the morning we had a great continental breakfast in the dining room, manned by two very pleasant staff who were very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last night. Receptionist Chantelle went above and beyond to help me. Very friendly staff. Stayed at other hotels in Leicester and this beats them easily!! Thank you for looking after me so well. Would recommend to everyone. Breakfast was lovely too.

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our service to go above and beyond.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

OK hotel itself was absolutely fine, staff friendly, room & hotel generally very clean, no complaints. If you ask for a quiet room when you book, they will get you a room facing the carpark which blocks the noise from the ring-road to the other side of the hotel.

But sadly it no longer has the Campanile full menu that we had hoped for having stayed in the one at Swindon previously and loved the food. This menu was extremely limited in comparision, no starters, just mains - steak, pizza, burgers and some pasta dishes. What we did eat was good but if you were here for more then a couple of nights, the menu could prove to be extremely tedious...........you could end up craving fresh veg.....

BUT at least the wonderful breakfast buffet still remains and if you like continental for breakfast it ticks all the boxes, from pastries, yoghurts, cold meat, cheese, breads, fruit, cereals and possibly the best 'on tap' coffee anywhere.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room do request one when booking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.To advise that I have given feedback on our Dinner menu change and expect that in the future there will again be more variety.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business. After my meeting it was nice to get to an hotel that looked so impressive from the outside. I have to be honest the receptionist who checked me in was well mannered and did everything by the book. on going to my room 310 I open the door and was greeted by a strong smell of cigarette smoke, having just picked up my two daughters and it was also late i put my bags down to find a large spider in the corner of the room resting on his web. I really do not like spiders to say the least. I went to reception to complain about the smell. The receptionist, told me she was sorry and if i needed some spray to spray the room I thought if you pay for something, I should not be the one spraying the room or removing the spider. I then went over to the restaurant to get some food for my daughters and myself only to be told that it was closed at 9.15pm when i was told on check-in that last orders were 9.45pm. I went back to the receptionist who went and spoke to the guy on the food desk and he said although the hotel was full the kitchen was quiet so the chef had gone home. So at 9.20pm my daughters and myself had to venture out in a city we do not know to find food. I was so distressed about this experience I told my company that the next time I come to Leicester for a meeting which will be often never to put me in this hotel again. The next morning I checked out I was going to get breakfast even thought I might be offered a complimentary breakfast which I wasn't so I paid £17.49 for one adult and one child the breakfast to say the least was not good to say the least a very long wait for our food served by a very unfriendly polish woman, who told me that the toaster was broken that is why it was burning the bread I then told her if it is broken does it make sense letting dinners use it when there was no signs telling you that the bread did not pop up when completed. from start to finish my experience at this hotel will be one I will never repeat again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank peppermint1266
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review.