“Dodgy bar staff”

Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Dodgy bar staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Well placed hotel good car parking, quiet, slept well. Needless extra bed in the room made it cramped. Leaflet in room said they prided themselves by supplying tea coffee and bicsuits - no biscuits. Had a couple of nightcaps and watched the bar staff giving drinks to certain customers. mainly eastern europeans.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review. I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be well located with good parking facilities and that you enjoyed a good nights sleep.
With regards to the second bed in your room should you have requested we would have been more than happy to convert this to a sofa for you. I would also like to reasure you that the team on duty during your stay were infact making bar charges to customers rooms and not simply giving drinks away as suspected. I would thank you however for bringing this to my attention.

Should you wish to discuss any of these points further please feel free to contact me at manager.leicester@campanile.com

We hope that when you are next in Leicester you are able to stay with us again.

Steve Powell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Yorkshire - England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Reasonable price and nice room. Easy to find and good parking. Problem on arrival that the lift was not working and my room as on the fourth floor. Check out in the morning was also a problem as the computer system was down. Not the Ritz but fine for a night or two. Really helpful Spanish waitress in the dining room. Disappointed that the shower gel was empty though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review.
I am pleased to read that you found the room to be of a good standard and overall the Hotel to be of Good Value. I have also passed on your thanks to Leire for the great service that she gave.
Please let me appologise for both the issues with our lift and computer systems, whilst out of our control this im sure was very frustrating. I am pleased to say that we are now back up and fully operational, so when next in Leicester there should be no issues.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Campanile Hotel Leicester soon.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The booking process was the first failure; I am certain that I selected a double room but was allocated a twin; this could have been down to the fact the hotel was busy but there was no obvious information this had been done.
The hotel parking was straight forward and had no complaints with that.
The night porter checked us into the room correctly with no issues
The room was tiny; very little room to move about with only space for the furniture; kept tripping over the luggage and shoes as a result; poor for the price paid for a twin room with single beds.
There was no iron in the room, which was fine due to the lack of space, but when I asked for one I was told I had to go to reception and pick it up myself; maybe I was spoilt by the premier-inn the week before when they provided an iron at 1AM to my room...
I was woken up by a loud bang when the people living in the room came back from a night out; I don't blame Campanile for this as they can't legislate for this; however I then couldn't get back to sleep because of the various sounds of creaking beds and snoring I could hear from other rooms; talk about paper-thin walls!
The next morning with barely a knock over-eager room service staff walked in to clean up the room, while I was still in bed. The do not disturb sign had been left out; the staff walked in twice more after this again; this despite check-out time being 12 noon and they walked in at 9:30!

I would definitely avoid if possible; I stayed at the nearby Premier-inn the weekend before, which was much better and probably due to this was sold out hence unable to stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please be reassured that I have discussed your comments with the team in the effort to avoid a reoccurance in the future.

Should you wish to discuss your stay any further please feel free to contact me at manager.leicester@campanile.com

Steve Powell

Travelers are raving about these Leicester hotels

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Solid hotel, fine for a good value night stay. Very functional e.g clean room with TV and team making. Cooked breakfast available in the morning. Staff a bit curt but it does the job. Parking can be a bit tricky on a busy day. Kind of like a premier inn but better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Mark Y
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your recent review. I am pleased to read that you found the hotel to be both clean and of good value.

We hope that when next in Leicester you will be able to stay with us again.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Usually stay here when the Premier Inn is booked, although have to say that this place is a notch below Premier Inn.
Hotel is cheap (anywhere between £30-£50 inc breakfast) - central location, although immediate area around the hotel is slightly dubious - for security reasons the hotel has a secure perimeter fence and a locked gate that requires either a room keycard to enter hotel grounds after a certain time.

Rooms are small but ok for one night. Good TV reception and decent free wi-fi. The quality of rooms vary - I've had rooms with absolutely filthy carpets and others that are spotless. I find the mattresses far too soft - and I think they really need to address.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Steve P, General Manager at Campanile Hotel Leicester, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time in posting your recent review, I am pleased that you found the hotel to be reasonably priced and well located.

With regards to your additional comments you can be assured that I will be investigating these fully with every effort of avoiding a reoccurrence.

If you would like to discuss this any further please feel free to contact me at manager.leicester@campanile.com

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Campanile Hotel Leicester soon.

Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Going to the Rugby & a nught out so needed a fairly central location. Great hotel warm welcome & friendly staff stayed in a twin room clean & tidy perfect for a one-night stop over. Comfy beds we happy to give eatra pillows and towels when asked for.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us,finding the hotel to be well located and the rooms clean and tidy.

I was also pleased to read that you considered the team to be friendly and have passed your thanks onto them.

I hope that when next in Leicester you will be able to stay with us again.

Bury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Room was great as we had a room facing the car park ]
Clean Friendly and great food the Irish Pie did have to be sent back to be re heated but other than that a pleasant 2 nights stay
Down sie I e mailed the Hotel complimemnting them and aske them to pass on the compliments to the staff DO NOT expect a reply to e mails such a pity that side of customer service lets themdown an acknowledgemet would have been good

Room Tip: Best Rooms on the Car Park side the other side over looks a Dual Carriage way I did e mail to sa...