1,097 results
All reviews privilege room marco's restaurant car park city centre public areas breakfast staff buffet style victorian venue
Selected filters
Reviewed May 30, 2019

After a long ride from Bath, as a Le Club Platinum member I always choose Accor branded hotel first and this is one of the reason I choose this hotel.

Parking Lot is huge and not that hard to find.The check in process is easy but failed to mention any benefit as a Le Club Platinum member benefit. No welcome drinks voucher was given and not mentioning anything regarding a room upgrade or any other benefit.

The room is in its early 90’s. No fridge in room. No air-condition only heater was found in the room and it is controlled by the hotel. The water in the shower is ok but not that strong. Breakfast was just ok as well. Wifi is good. I can have a decent speed on the connection. A room layout is a bit weird. But I did managed to have a good rest despite all the points I did mention earlier.

This hotel seriously needs to have a big refurbishment, it is probably most outdated Mercure branded hotel I have experienced.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Manpreet S, Manager at Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Dear oathth,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not as per your expectations, please accept my sincere apologies. We can only recognise Le Club membership if this was used during reservation process as we do not have any insight on this purely based on guest name but I'm happy to look into this if you can kindly send me your reservation details at op.mercureleicester@jupiterhotels.co.uk.

I look forward to receive your reservation details. Kind regards

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

The venue was laid out beautifully for the Leicestershire partnership trust annual awards evening. The drinks are overpriced but it’s what you expect for a nice venue in the middle of town. One complaint I do have is the Budweiser on draft tastes awful and had gone off which was annoying as it cost £4 plus per pint.

Dear jessicacO4265VR,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. Our bar prices are in line with other 4 star properties within the city. We served Budweiser all that night with no other complaints and we order fresh stock for our events bar for each event. Had you informed us on the night we would have done something to get it right for you rather than you leaving unhappy.

We hope that this will not deter you from using us again in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2019

This was once a fine hotel. The entrance and public areas are, as the name suggests "grand". The car park is a nightmare, my car was hit, but the CCTV didn't cover that area. It isn't exactly a huge car park!. The bedrooms were very dated, not very clean and smelt damp and musty. The windows and net curtain were absolutely filthy. There is not aircon and the heating didn't work. Temperature control in the bedroom was via a fan and electric heater in the wardrobe. The shower was impossible to get to a reasonable temperature and the food was dull. An expensive hotel for a cheap experience. I will not be going there again.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Manpreet S, Manager at Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2019

Dear bishybarnaby,

Thank you for taking time to post your review. I'm disappointed to hear your experience, please accept my sincere apologies. With all due respect we do have disclaimers on display at various parts of the car park advising people to park their vehicles on their own responsibility as we will not be responsible of any loss or damage to the vehicle. Please send your reservation details at op.mercureleicester@jupiterhotels.co.uk for me to be able to investigate this further as it is impossible to find your reservation details with the name provided here.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to receive your reservation details soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2019

Checked in and specifically asked for a quiet room. Given 304. Once in bed, realised this is far from quiet, road noise, music and general noise. Called reception to be told I had booked a city centre hotel and there was nothing they could do!
Well there is something I can do, let everyone know that this is a very noisy hotel, don’t expect a good nights sleep. Plus, customer service needs significant improvement.
Avoid.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank kevinrQ7697AV

Dear kevinrQ7697AV,

Thank you for your review. I'm very disappointed to hear that noise issue marred your stay, please accept my sincerest apologies. With all due respect, I am kind of shocked with the response to your complaint and this is something I will investigate further with my reception team who are known for their excellent customer service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another chance to serve you better in future!

Reviewed May 19, 2019

Awful experience, paid £140 for a one night stay due to a black tie event at the hotel. The room felt like it hadn't been used regularly, probably one they only us when full up, holes in curtains, no TV remote, iron didn't work, shower didn't work, called reception twice but no one came until well after an hour by which time it was too late. Had to go to event without having showered etc., on way down they did change rooms for me but by then it was too late. Still charged me full price. Would never stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Voyage433763