“Really great food - that's what it's about!”

Tamarind Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #611 of 1,206 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Speciality Indian cuisine by world class chefs and tantalising recipes made with quality ingredients.Our menu boasts a selection of handpicked dishes from diverse parts of India, starting in the northwest Punjab region and meandering down to Goa in the South. Our Indo-chinese dishes are inspired by the tradition of Oriental food which has been adapted to an Indian taste palette that has created a unique fusion of flavours.Try our fusion of delicately spiced dishes and mouth watering masala sauces. With a selection of speciality nights during the week from pau bhaji night to Punjabi night. Meet our world class chef trained in india, Mr. Ramchandra Uniyal & Catering manager Dhiren Mistry for any indoor or outdoor events you would like us to cater for.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I've eaten here many times but the most recent visit yesterday was the best. I ate from the All You Can Eat buffet menu - they bring the food to your table. The Chicken Manchurian starter (new on the menu) was outstanding. Both main courses I had, Desi Chicken and Lamb Kofta Curry (both new on the menu) were superb. Portion sizes were excellent - I simply couldn't eat any more by the end of the meal. My wife had a Dosa which was, as usual, superb and excellent value for money at only £3.95 (Wednesday is Dosa night). My lads both had the Chicken Hakka Noodles, again fantastic as usual. The only mild complaints I would have is that the house red wine was totally naff but hey I told the manager and he assured me they will look into changing it. Also, the service was a tad slow but they were, in their defence, extremely busy and totally rushed off their feet. All in all, we will go again and again. It's outstanding value for money.

1  Thank Daljit_Makan

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We went in for a lunch. Choice was for a buffet vs A-la-carte Menu. A-la-carte menu looked interesting but we opted for buffet. For vegetarian, it is limited as there was no alternative for two chicken dish. There was kachori, seemed ready made fried on the premise. there was mix veg, Sambhar, Rice, Nan, Salad, Raita. All food was good and acceptable but not brilliant. As a whole, as a vegetarian, one was subsidising non-veg food. Service was very good. Now a days in £5, one could get better deal for vegetarians somewhere else.

1  Thank goodvegifood
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This has become our favourite Indian Restaurant! Another great meal was had by 4 of us on a Friday evening. The place was busy but all the staff were very attentive and at no time did we have to wait. We had the set price buffet and weren't disappointed, food hot and extremely tasty. Can't wait to visit again. Glad to see the compulsory 10% service charge has gone...we do tip well though!

2  Thank emgjdg
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Went here as a large group on a wednesday evening. After a shakey start in the bar area (slow service) I was aniticipating the theme to follow through to the restaurant area...and yes it did.
Although the staff were polite I think they could do with more bodies. However, the food more than made up for it. It was a made to order buffet style and it was a snip at £12 per person with a good choice. We had the a variety of platters for starters and both the veg and non-veg starters were excellent. Mains also very good. Would defo visit again for the food and a relaxed meal.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Had a great time eating here. The service was fantastic and was well worth the visit. I'm looking forward to going back soon.

3  Thank MissPS86