“Good Food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The food from this restaurant is lovely.
Ambience abit strange. Small downstairs and upstairs feels like sitting in a weird art gallery.
Cannot fault the food we received but not the most relaxing of restaurants. Apart from that food tastes very good.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

I could say we come to eat here quite often as it's local. We like the nice, casual, small and friendly setting of the restaurant and of course, the foods. This could be our last minute dash on busy days to avoid cooking. My boys age 4 and 6 just love so much the chicken tikka masala here more than any other places, followed by the lamb biryani. They always eat it with both rice and paratha. I think they like the sweetness in the curry and call it the red curry.

I've tried many different ones on the menu. But my two favourites are: lamb roshoni (if I spell it right) and its speciality of lamb cutlets. My husband likes the lamb karai most although alternate with other dishes too.

On busy nights we were seated on the upstairs area which is bigger and quitter but mostly we were seated downstairs. We'll keep coming here.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We have been regular visitors to this Indian restaurant since moving to the area in 1994.Whilst the waiters may change from time to time the food does not.Whether we go with friends or by ourselves we normally have something off the chef's specials list as these dishes excel.We are fervent Indian food lovers and having been to India quite a few times now on holiday we appreciate authentic Indian food...Having tried quite a few different Indian restaurants over the years we always return to the Chamelee as it remains our firm favourite..The chefs travel down from Birmingham each day and are from Bangladesh where the best Indian chefs originate from.....The staff are very friendly and the owner Shelu is normally there most evenings.....If you appreciate good Indian authentic food it wont come much better than this.

2  Thank JBG1