“Great service great food bit slow service but a great night out”

Harvester Meridian Park
Ranked #813 of 1,246 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Harvester Meridian Park in Braunstone food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.If you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Braunstone, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Leicester Forest East, Enderby and Eggbuckland, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Overall great cant grumble at thefood was yum and a free pud because it was my birthday enjoyed the atmosphere and would definitely go agin nd great value formoney

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Following a bad experience at the Harvester in Loughborough. We enjoyed two very nice set meals with unlimited coffee and soft drinks including two sundaes; we also liked the smaller menu choice of meals. The quality of our meals and the service were spot on and they were also toddler friendly on a busy Saturday evening. We paid a bit extra on top of our £20 voucher we received from Mitchells and Butlers. We will definitely be returning a second time round especially as I remember the rhubarb and custard sundae being something I want to spend some more with again and usually I am not a fan of sundaes!

1  Thank Mamatrekkie
Reviewed January 6, 2014

After signing up Harvester Newsletter, they promptly sent email discounts which encouraged me to finally visit , to use the discount on a takeaway meal with salad , which was good value at 2 for £10 less my £5 discount. Upon this initial visit, decided to pre-book and pre-order the menu for their 3 course festive meal menu with unlimited salad for Boxing Day & New Year Day at £17.99 each , both of which came to less than the price of the Xmas menu at £38.99. Upon my payment, I was given back £10 extra by the stressed out cashier , who appeared not to know how to use the till correctly so possibly it was the waiter ! I asked the cashier to re-check the change given in my hand and was shocked that it took a little longer than expected before the penny dropped.

Boxing Day was extremely quiet - we arrived early but shown to a table straight away - maybe it was empty due to people having their left over xmas dinners ! Service was spot on, as the staff were just hanging around . I had the impression they had expected a lot more people in due to the number of free complimentary Bucks Fizz, mince pies and balloons.
We didn't notice any mis-behaved screaming kids ! The meal was in a very relaxed atmosphere & the staff bent over backwards to assist. We were not rushed. Top marks !

New Year day was busier & had a few young children present but can not recall any
mis-behaving screaming kids. The staff was more rushed off their feet & it was difficult ordering our drinks (we had the unlimited tea package at just £1.99 each ) and food that was already
pre-ordered. The meal was substantial & Harvester kindly provided with a plastic container to take away any left overs. However, at the end harvester attempted to bill the full price (knowing fully that we had pre-paid - by chance I had proof of the pre-paid receipt ).

Although the food was average , the convenience of location is appealing. What is a slight disappointment are the toilets that are based upstairs and a fair distance away, although there is just one locked disabled toilet downstairs.

Rated a 4 star due to the 2 occasions of slip up with payment ; plus lack of service on New Year day ; together with the location of the toilets ; otherwise it would have been 5 star.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Harvester is a good destination for unfussy food served in a pleasant environment with unlimited salad to accompany the meals. Having been several times to this particular venue, because of its accessibility, all the usual traits were there: a quick welcome, drinks organised and efficient taking of the order. The salad bar is plentiful with a fairly good selection of food and dressings. Only the baked rolls let this side down as they are invariably very hard after baking and for people with dicey teeth it would be nice to have a soft roll alternative. The music [thankfully not Christmas music in late December after the day itself] was far too loud but was turned down at our request. Apparently the music is selected by head office. It seemed out of place for the wide age range of diners. The food arrived quickly although the plates weren’t warm. Buttered peas do not retain their heat on cold plates although the rest of the meal was fine. The ribs were succulent and tastily seasoned and the Harvester Chicken was moist and well cooked. The chips were served, as requested, without seasoning as they were over-seasoned on the last couple of occasions we have eaten here. Repeat visits will not be a problem as we like the place for its convenience but soft rolls and warm plates would help in the future. We didn’t have a dessert on this occasion although I would have liked the raspberry and coconut slice warm and served with custard rather than stuck at the top of a sundae concoction. Have a think! As my choice wasn't available my wife decided to forego the sundae she'd decided to have.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Very accommodating for us and our 19 month old daughter. They brought her crayons and milkshake. Pleasant and friendly staff. Toilets are lovely!