“Wonderful stay”
Review of Ibis Leicester

Ibis Leicester
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Leicester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I chose IBIS city as it was close to the offices where I would be working. So on the basis that it was 6 minutes walk, 8 minutes if the multitude of traffic lights were against me.

My checking in and checking out was flawless. I was clearly expected!!

Room was very clean, superb shower and a mega comfy bed.

The only gripe I have was the very limited channels available on the TV. About 6 from memory.

Given the age of freeview I cannot see why a greater choice of channels is available. I have stayed at IBIS Budget hotels also and TV choice is much better.

I guess if I was being cynical the lack of TV channels may tempt guests to sign up for the £9.99 per day multi media and TV package....!!

Advice - Renew TV's to give greater choice, even the teletext was in the format last seem in the late 1980's

Having said that the breakfast hit the spot, although maybe a bit more choice around fruit (rather than 1970's tinned fruit cocktail) may be a good, healthy eating etc...five a day!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit. I hope that you enjoyed your time with us and I have noted your comments which are much appreciated.Kind regards, Sarah Clarke
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in Ibis Leicester and changed rooms twice. The first room was badly cleaned with sticky cup ring marks on desk and bedside table, hairs in the shower, broken kettle, wifi so slow it was unusable, and the water in the bathroom smelled so unpleasant i couldn't brush my teeth. The main problem however was very itchy in bed and didn't sleep very well at all the first night.
I reported the itchy bed to reception in the morning and asked if I could change rooms. The receptionist didn't apologise at all and gave me the impression she didn't believe me. I was given another room but this one had 5 long hairs on the bed and pillow! I reported this to a different receptionist and she came with me to the room to see for herself (again I felt she didn't believe me). After seeing the hairs she gave me a second new room (again no apology for my inconvenience). This room was also badly cleaned and had dusty cobwebs on the ceiling, stained carpets, slow wifi and desperately needed a lick of paint. I gave up trying to change rooms and wouldn't go back or recommend the place.
The only good thing was the fruit salad for breakfast which was above average.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Reviewed October 20, 2013

located opposite much bigger, blue building that is the premier inn; close to train station.
Bit cold during the cold weather, fair value for 50 pounds. No thrills but the basics are OK, what you expect from budget / business traveller hotels. Staff were friendly. Much superior to the dirty Ibis near Euston station in London which was twice the price

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback which is much appreciated. I hope you will choose us for your next visit. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Ibis is great for business travellers as it's spacious, clean and comfortable. It also offers a super early breakfast at 5am weekdays and 6am on the weekend until 12pm. I would not recommend for romantic getaways or luxury stays, but to get your head down after a night out, like me, it is perfect.

BTW, the car park has limited availability so we did not get a space, but there is a 24 hours car park over the road for £6.00.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah C, General Manager at Ibis Leicester, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed for five nights with a group of friends, occupying three rooms, for a convention at the nearby hotel, and very much enjoyed my stay. We were up fairly early each day and we would come back late on the nights, but even though we were in costume (and therefore probably quite bizarre to other people) everybody was very friendly and helpful to us.

I had prebooked on the Ibis website and it cost us approx. £580 in total, which when broken down was in fact very very affordable, especially considering the length of our stay.

Parking is limited, but we were able to get a space, and the free wifi did work for one of my friends, though I could not get my tablet or phone to connect to it properly myself. Free wifi is, however, something of a bonus, so it didn't trouble me overmuch.

It's not far to walk into town for shops/food/pubs, and it's very near the train station. I had my window open most nights and yes, I could hear the station (trains, announcements, etc) but this did not disturb me in the slightest.

The water in the bathroom did smell extremely chlorinated, but that's not a huge deal either.

I would definitely use this hotel again, many thanks to everybody there =]

We stayed from September 4th through to September 9th.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you and your friends enjoyed their stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Myself, partner and friends stayed here for a weekend while visiting friends and going to the carnival. It was situated close to the town center for all clubs, restaurants and shops, which was good for us.
The hotel was clean the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were spotless on arrival and were cleaned everyday if requested. I would stay here again the next time I visit Leicester.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Sarah Clarke